Dear Nostalrius staff, please delete my account

Dear Nostalrius staff, please delete my account

by dfvili » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 am

I read the goodbye post, where guys said, that you'll gonna realease all of your date. I know that you gonna use encryption on the account details, but i'm not trusting in that solution. Given that i berly played on the server, i won't mind to have my account deleted. Please delete my account, i really don't want anyone to crack your encryption and release my email adress, password etc.. I know there is a little chance for that to happen, i still ask to delete my data.

I had two human mages, a lvl1 and a lvl3. The mage on the PVP server were named Maedin.

Thank you in advance.

(P.S.: Releasing account details, however secure you might think your encryption is, still can get you guys in to serious trouble.)
dfvili
Tester

Re: Dear Nostalrius staff, please delete my account

by Alexpulos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Piss off will ya?
Alexpulos
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dusith » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:20 pm

What do the terms of use say about this, are they allowed to give out account details?

There is ethical concerns about this, and i understand OP.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dithon1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:59 pm

They can't legally release this data to the public like they would the source code. Chances are they'll end up not releasing it, or they'll transfer it on an individual basis.
Dithon1
Private
Private

by Benevael » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:14 pm

We will not give out account information without your opt-ing in to this explicitly. Don't worry, your details will not be released unless you specifically approve it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43600
Please make sure to read the Nostalrius terms of use. https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Benevael
Game Master
Game Master

by Botmaster5 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Benevael wrote:We will not give out account information without your opt-ing in to this explicitly. Don't worry, your details will not be released unless you specifically approve it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43600

where do you "opt in"?
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Benevael » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:37 am

More information will be available on this soon. The interface to do this has not been completed yet. Please watch the announcements forum for updates.

viewforum.php?f=2

Regards, GM Team.
Please make sure to read the Nostalrius terms of use. https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Benevael
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Account issues