Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

Re: Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

by Anamolly » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Well im 100% sure that many items that shouldnt have been ingame are ingame now, because most ppl allways check that npc when they are near the darkmoon faire for scrolls etc.

Banning people for this seems super unfair even if he bought it multiple times.

It feels like the GMs want to go hard on people for examples to be made.
The only thing thats this, to me unfair ,ban tells me is : " Dont invest more time in the server you could be next for looting some random chest twice a day...."

So id really apprechiate if you can unban Cerina and give him a warning i dont think that hes not willing to cooperate with you.
The way these issues are adressed feels arbitrarily and stands in no correlation to other bans.

How and thats really the striking point for me, how should cerina have known that the respawn timer on these NPC items has been false ( or still is???? guess in that case you got to ban 2k from the server??)?

I m 100% sure he wasnt the only one buy the items of the npc multiple times. I guess most of the GMs did play the game in the past or are still playing, you know what i means for him to get banned. So why dont you have mercy im 100% sure if you just whispered him about the issue etc. and informed him, he did stop right away and would have informed other ppl about it.

Sure the server staff can do whatever they want but i dont see why do you have to fuck a guy (high rank pushing further) that invested so much time in the server over for just some herbs.....especially when the issue was server sided.

I guess you re also just humans, which means there are mistakes that happened and will happen in the future. The way you seem to handle server sided mistakes seems to be to punish the first player that finds it. Im not sure if cerina did report the issue right away, cause using the buck tracker is somehow a little annoying, however even if he didnt reported it there shouldnt be a permanent ban.

I really do think there should only be a warning on this topic or a massive ban wave on everyone that visited the vendors more than once to get things even.

Thanks for your attention!

#unban cerina
Anamolly
Sergeant
Sergeant

by teekanc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Anyone with experience with the game knows that limited items on vendors don't have resupplies as fast as 2 minutes. Instead of choosing to report the bug, they exploited its vulnerability. Stay banned.
teekanc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by fuffi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:44 pm

teekanc wrote:Anyone with experience with the game knows that limited items on vendors don't have resupplies as fast as 2 minutes. Instead of choosing to report the bug, they exploited its vulnerability. Stay banned.

I will direct you to a guide about the DMF-Vendor:
Excerpt from one of them (http://www.secretwarcraft.com/content/d ... -sw23.html):
“The money-maker is the opportunity to buy large quantities of limited-supply items from the two Exotic Goods vendors. They share a tent at the back of the Faire grounds. …
Normally, limited supply items come up for sale on a 1-hour, 2-hour, 4-hour, or even once-a-day timer. The more valuable and desirable items are always on very long timers. But at the Darkmoon Faire, we're looking at re-spawn timers measured in minutes, not hours, even for some very valuable profit-making items.
fuffi
Tester

by teekanc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:51 pm

fuffi wrote:
teekanc wrote:Anyone with experience with the game knows that limited items on vendors don't have resupplies as fast as 2 minutes. Instead of choosing to report the bug, they exploited its vulnerability. Stay banned.

Excerpt from one of them (http://www.secretwarcraft.com/content/d ... -sw23.html):
“The money-maker is the opportunity to buy large quantities of limited-supply items from the two Exotic Goods vendors. They share a tent at the back of the Faire grounds. …
Normally, limited supply items come up for sale on a 1-hour, 2-hour, 4-hour, or even once-a-day timer. The more valuable and desirable items are always on very long timers. But at the Darkmoon Faire, we're looking at re-spawn timers measured in minutes, not hours, even for some very valuable profit-making items.

Take herbs for example. Lhara spawns a batch of herbs every 11 - 20 minutes, mostly in the 14 - 16 minute range. Each spawn includes between 3 and 8 individual items, in quantities ranging from 1 to 4. So you may get a spawn of 2 Fel Lotus, 4 Wild Steelbloom, 3 Earthroot, 2 Terocone and 1 Nightmare Vine. Grab 'em quick!

The complete "loot table" for herbs includes most of the flowers in the game, including Black Lotus, Ghost Mushroom and Mountain Silversage. A few notables are missing (I think, since I've never seen them), including Briarthorn, Dreaming Glory and Felweed. Even the rarest and most valuable herbs, including Fel Lotus and Black Lotus, come up quite frequently.

Similarly, the Professor spawns his batch of motes every 14 - 28 minutes, most often around the 22 - 24 minute mark. This includes 3 or 4 stacks of one or two motes each. All motes are available, in an even distribution, including the most valuable Mote of Fire and Mote of Air.

To see if the spawn has occured, you have to keep opening and closing the vendor trade window. You don't see the new stuff until you re-open the trade window after the re-spawn occurs.

My routine is to keep track of the re-spawn times for each of these categories (since they are the main gold makers). Then I concentrate my efforts on checking the vendors repeatedly, around the time the next re-spawn is due. If I'm paying attention, I can get a large share of everything of value that comes up for sale, even if there's a lot of competition.

Same page, a little bit lower. Should have been a little less precarious.
teekanc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zarzer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

As with many other things, nostalrius haven't tested the things they implement. This is not much different than AV, but i still doubt the end result will change
zarzer
Private
Private

by kevins » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Cerina is a great player with many contributions to the server. Banning a player for a mistake on both parties (Cerina and the Server) should not be the automatic response.

As quoted perviously, "A - Warning: For minor infringements. A warning is first given to inform a player about the rules and warn him about future sanctions. Warnings remain in the players record."

As Cerina is an upstanding player, I hope that his punishment can be reconsidered as a warning and we all move on from this point.

This is a great server with a great player base. Lets make sure we keep those players around by making appropriate punishments instead of automatic bans. Bans should be in place for multiple offenders and those who perform inexcusable exploits.
kevins
Tester

by Nisk21 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm

teekanc wrote:
fuffi wrote:

Take herbs for example. Lhara spawns a batch of herbs every 11 - 20 minutes, mostly in the 14 - 16 minute range. Each spawn includes between 3 and 8 individual items, in quantities ranging from 1 to 4. So you may get a spawn of 2 Fel Lotus, 4 Wild Steelbloom, 3 Earthroot, 2 Terocone and 1 Nightmare Vine. Grab 'em quick!

The complete "loot table" for herbs includes most of the flowers in the game, including Black Lotus, Ghost Mushroom and Mountain Silversage. A few notables are missing (I think, since I've never seen them), including Briarthorn, Dreaming Glory and Felweed. Even the rarest and most valuable herbs, including Fel Lotus and Black Lotus, come up quite frequently.

Similarly, the Professor spawns his batch of motes every 14 - 28 minutes, most often around the 22 - 24 minute mark. This includes 3 or 4 stacks of one or two motes each. All motes are available, in an even distribution, including the most valuable Mote of Fire and Mote of Air.

To see if the spawn has occured, you have to keep opening and closing the vendor trade window. You don't see the new stuff until you re-open the trade window after the re-spawn occurs.

My routine is to keep track of the re-spawn times for each of these categories (since they are the main gold makers). Then I concentrate my efforts on checking the vendors repeatedly, around the time the next re-spawn is due. If I'm paying attention, I can get a large share of everything of value that comes up for sale, even if there's a lot of competition.

Same page, a little bit lower. Should have been a little less precarious.

If this information is correct, Cerina did not even abuse a bug. So why ban people for something which actually works as intended?

#unbanCerina
Nisk21
Tester

by teekanc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Nisk21 wrote:
If this information is correct, Cerina did not even abuse a bug. So why ban people for something which actually works as intended?

#unbanCerina

Pronator wrote:To whom it may concern:

Cerina noticed that the Darkmoon Faire vendor who has many different items (dreamfoil, scrolls, etc.) was selling his items that he knew could be auctioned for more than the vendor buyout. Apparently the server side had set the respawn rate to 2 minutes. So he spent a little bit of time today and bought out some of the items. He then went on to resell the items on the auction house.

teekanc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Michaelfox » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Hey This is Michaelfox Officer of Vintage, Just letting you know not only is this ban unjust its unfair. This player did nothing wrong other then use something you allowed to go live, just like your AV, DM, and basically every release of this game you hide behind your mistakes and ban your community. Not only is Cerina a very good PvE player and very active in that community but hes also a very active PvPer on this server, he puts more time then most on your server and considers this his life and had "Dreams" of being Field Marshal and helping his Guild Clear (and test, every night were there hes there in the PTR help you debug your content) BWL.

As for his infraction, what he did is a slap on the wrist at best, i could have made more gold standing in IF begging for silver, he looted an item off a vendor you allowed to go live, he didnt do anything to increase the spawn rate all he did was waste his morning standing there, he wasnt trying to ruin the server or the economy he just made a mental error in judgement, this was a mistake waiting to happen. Once the GM picked up on the issue, and simple "Warning apon investigation we have determined that the re-spawn on that NPC is incorrect, We will be resetting the items you have received from the vendor and the vendor will be hotfixed" This would show not only that you care about your community but also that you can for ONCE take the blame for a mistake you have created.

If you still feel this player deserves discipline then handing out your now Precedent 1 week ban for players who do something you allowed to go live ( AV Perfect Example) and then get in trouble for it ( Leaders of Top Guilds) this seems to fall under that. As you allowed this (tested??) NPC to go live, with your re-spawn timers, and all he did was click the item. So unless that 1 week ban is only reserved for your Top players on the server which for the life of this servers sake it better not be, then this should be overturned to a warning or at most a week ban.

Michaelfox Vintage
Michaelfox
Tester

by Tryptamyne » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Do you seriously think that people have to research that stuff? If I farm mobs do I have to research if the respawn time to check if it was the same on retail? Or can I just kill mobs? The trash mobs in MC were/are too weak. Should I get banned for "exploiting" that and profiting from easier dungeons? These dinosaur mobs in Maraudon don't have the AoE silence they had on retail, so I stood next to them and cast abilities and didn't play around the silence. Should I be banned? I bought Felcloth for cheap from a vendor in Winterspring. Do I have to check if the respawn time is like retail or can I just buy it?

That's not at all the player's responsibility in my opinion. If the developers didn't want the items to be sold, they could always not implement the vendor. If the respawn is too quick, they shouldn't set the items to respawn that quickly.
Tryptamyne
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Account issues