Perm-banned for buying from DMF-Vendor

Re: Perm-banned for buying from DMF-Vendor

by Tryptamyne » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Pottu wrote:
exploit an obvious bug for personal gain

[...]

common sense would say that something is wrong

If it is such an obvious bug and common sense, why was it implemented in the first place? If it is such an obvious bug, why didn't you realize it as well, especially considering you talked to someone who asked if a macro is ok?

And at which point is it so obvious? 2 minute respawn is obvious according to you. Would 3 still be obvious and a permanent ban? Would 5 minute respawn be a permanent ban? 10 minutes? Do we as players have to check every CD and respawn for everything on some data base before playing the game?

There are so many bugs and inconsistencies on this server that, at some point, you just live with these and play WoW as it is on this server without questioning everything. Maybe the vendor respawn speed scales with server population and that's why it respawns so fast? Maybe you intentionally made it like this because there aren't enough herbs for 8k pop otherwise? How the hell are we supposed to know?
Tryptamyne
Tester

by Aslan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Pottu wrote:
So if you wanna buy something from a vendor you gotta ticket a GM and ask if it's okay?

No. But if said vendor has a limited amount of high value items and those items respawn every 2 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 2 hours or 2 days, then common sense would say that something is wrong.

But buying from a vendor that respawn herbs a few min faster then they should is a permanent ip ban.

Because it could potentially have an massive impact on the economy. Exactly same as with the fishing exploit or the chest exploits.

Hello :)
I for myself would have thought that herbs respawn at something like a 1-2 hr rate. I have no idea if its more... Even days. From my point of view, buying those herbs at a 2 minute intervall is an obvious exploit and it would have been justified to ban me for it.
However what about the actual banned guy here? 2 questions, 1.) Does he know about way longer respawn timers. 2.) Should he have known it?

To answer 1.) he says that he didnt so we have to go with that due to lack of proof for the fact that he didnt.
Now I would like to have you answering 2.)... Should he have known and realised that a 2 minute respawn on said items is tok short? Keeping in mind that a person eventually plays vanilla for the first time or even wow at all? With 0 backup knowledge or memories from 10 years ago.

And then again, it can be regarded as hard exploit, but dont you guys punish people harder if they exploitet fully aware and softer if they did it unintended (e.g. Removing items). Making the punishment less dependant on the impact but more on the level of guilt. Punishment there can still be harsh if the exploit was obvious to everyone, though even a person who plays wow for 30 minutes could have been abuser of the bug right there.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SnowFlakes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Try to keep it civil.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insults
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Pottu wrote:
So if you wanna buy something from a vendor you gotta ticket a GM and ask if it's okay?

No. But if said vendor has a limited amount of high value items and those items respawn every 2 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 2 hours or 2 days, then common sense would say that something is wrong.

But buying from a vendor that respawn herbs a few min faster then they should is a permanent ip ban.

Because it could potentially have an massive impact on the economy. Exactly same as with the fishing exploit or the chest exploits.

The retail respawn was 10 minutes. Your server administration released the vendor with a timer of 2 minutes. How massive of an impact could it have compared to all of the players that farmed Black Lotus from AV when you had it on a 15 minute respawn timer? Sure you deleted some but you did not delete all the Black Lotus that was mailed to other accounts.

Are you going to start banning all of the rogues that are farming Winterfall Firewater from High Chief Winterfall because he has a 5 minute respawn timer when he shouldn't? Or how about when they die in the cave behind him and their ghost form spawns in the cave and allows them to resurrect in a few seconds instead of sending them to the Spirit Healer near Everlook? Are you going to ban all the players exploiting that for the last 4 months on the server?
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Aslan wrote:
Pottu wrote:

Hello :)
I for myself would have thought that herbs respawn at something like a 1-2 hr rate. I have no idea if its more... Even days. From my point of view, buying those herbs at a 2 minute intervall is an obvious exploit and it would have been justified to ban me for it.
However what about the actual banned guy here? 2 questions, 1.) Does he know about way longer respawn timers. 2.) Should he have known it?

To answer 1.) he says that he didnt so we have to go with that due to lack of proof for the fact that he didnt.
Now I would like to have you answering 2.)... Should he have known and realised that a 2 minute respawn on said items is tok short? Keeping in mind that a person eventually plays vanilla for the first time or even wow at all? With 0 backup knowledge or memories from 10 years ago.

And then again, it can be regarded as hard exploit, but dont you guys punish people harder if they exploitet fully aware and softer if they did it unintended (e.g. Removing items). Making the punishment less dependant on the impact but more on the level of guilt. Punishment there can still be harsh if the exploit was obvious to everyone, though even a person who plays wow for 30 minutes could have been abuser of the bug right there.

Take herbs for example. Lhara spawns a batch of herbs every 11 - 20 minutes, mostly in the 14 - 16 minute range. Each spawn includes between 3 and 8 individual items, in quantities ranging from 1 to 4. So you may get a spawn of 2 Fel Lotus, 4 Wild Steelbloom, 3 Earthroot, 2 Terocone and 1 Nightmare Vine. Grab 'em quick!

The complete "loot table" for herbs includes most of the flowers in the game, including Black Lotus, Ghost Mushroom and Mountain Silversage. A few notables are missing (I think, since I've never seen them), including Briarthorn, Dreaming Glory and Felweed. Even the rarest and most valuable herbs, including Fel Lotus and Black Lotus, come up quite frequently.

Taken from a guide for camping DMF vendor in TBC: http://www.secretwarcraft.com/content/d ... -sw23.html

Anyways there is no need to take the safe side Aslan. You're guild will eventually suffer from someone getting banned for "Major Exploit with sanction E" aswell. If you don't ticket GMs before doing any ingame action of course. That's how the system works. Nobody knows what is considered a Major Exploit anyways, and with the difference in AV bans and DMF bans it becomes even more apparent. And since the GM doesn't even dare tell their names anymore I guess they know they're doing something wrong.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 pm

SnowFlakes wrote:
Pottu wrote:No. But if said vendor has a limited amount of high value items and those items respawn every 2 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 2 hours or 2 days, then common sense would say that something is wrong.

Common sense would tell you to fix your content before you release stuff, especially if DMF isn't suppose to be out yet. Will you be banning everyone that abused the high spawnrates of Black lotus in AV and got away with it? Otherwise you are just spoutting empty words.

Next time you want to implement something such as vendors on the live servers maybe you should ask for guilds to PTR test it first since you're clearly not capable of doing it yourself.

Common sense would tell you that you and your guild got PWND - you guys found a glitch and used it to your advantage now suffer the consequences of your actions.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by SnowFlakes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Try to keep it civil and kindly stop spreading lies.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insults, spam
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Off-topic.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic spam
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Off-topic.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Off-topic.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Account issues