Can't login after accidentally clicking Dev realm?

Can't login after accidentally clicking Dev realm?

by khanviction » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:06 pm

So I accidently tried to log into Dev realm because my game reset and asked what realm I wanted to join...
I hastily chose Nostalrius Begins; resulting in me clicking the Dev realm below it.
So my account was stuck on Dev Test Realm 1 or something other than Nostalrius and instantly Disconnected me everytime...

To fix this problem I connected to a different private server to change the realm manually that way. Then I came back to Nostalrius to connect to Nostalrius Begins. When I connect to Nostalrius Begins it says:

Connecting
Authenticating
Handshaking
Success
Connected.
Disconnected from server

Why is it immediately disconnecting me? Are the logon servers down? Is there a specific way to fix this error where I cannot get on to the server?
khanviction
Tester

Re: Can't login after accidentally clicking Dev realm?

by phate » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:03 pm

When the guild I am in was player testing bwl, some people accidently clicked dev realm, instead of ptr.

They had the same issue, the way they fixed it, was to hit 'enter' or 'esc' right when it goes from success to connected.

This will bring up the server list again.

I don't remember which it was, try 'esc' first.

Cheers,

-Phate
phate
Tester

by RIPPAHREKT » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:52 pm

theres 2 options you try phate's option by not clicking escape but clicking enter before u get disconect option 2 is to change the realmlist to for example feenix realmist log in in feenix then switch the realmlist back to nostalrius and then you can choose your realm.
RIPPAHREKT
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sethzer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:56 pm

You can also go into the WTF folder and open the Config.wtf file in wordpad or other editing software.

Inside there, make sure the following 2 lines are there: (if not, add them and save the file aftewards)
Code: Select all
SET realmList "login.nostalrius.org"
SET realmName "Nostalrius Begins"

You can also add this line inside your realmlist.wtf file after the "set realmlist" line to always prefer the main server for logging onto the Nostalrius servers:
Code: Select all
set realmname "Nostalrius Begins"
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by bleriml » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:25 pm

hit enter before disconnection, got it 1st try

thanks for the info
bleriml
Tester

Return to Account issues