<Oceanic Guild> Core PvE/PvP GMT+10

Guilds information & recruitment - For the Horde !

<Oceanic Guild> Core PvE/PvP GMT+10

by Esterey » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 pm

<Oceania>

We are rolling HORDE
We operate under GMT+10

Alliance Side Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1043

PM me on either these forums, or on the Shivtr website, or go directly to the website and make an account, all are welcome.
http://oceanicguild.shivtr.com/

PS - People from the now defunct ED guild <Oceanic's Eleven> especially welcome.
Last edited by Esterey on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
Esterey
Private
Private

Re: <Oceanic Guild> Core PvE/PvP GMT+10

by Zestypooch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:23 am

I'm keen, is there any idea of what kind of ping Australians get.
Zestypooch
Private
Private

by Criticism » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 am

Ughhhh dude we already had a thread and it was decided Alliance would be the go...dont want us splitting the community already :P

Thread: http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=841
Poll: http://strawpoll.me/3653855/r
Criticism
Grunt
Grunt

by Storm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 am

Wrong side! xP

Someone should make a guild page, though. Thanks for taking initiative.

More US players on alliance = more people to play with at reasonable times for us.
Storm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Esterey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 am

I'm more than open to switching faction

Luckily, we have a whole week to discuss it, and many more players will begin browsing as release nears, whose opinion may differ from the result of the strawpoll.

I reckon we should discuss which faction we roll on the general forums on the guild site, and we finalise two days prior to release.
That way I can make a roster of the number of Oceanic players as well as deciding which faction to roll.
Last edited by Esterey on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Esterey
Private
Private

by Storm » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:05 am

Definitely go alliance because of the larger US playerbase there, unless you want to play with Europeans at 4 AM.

Zestypooch wrote:I'm keen, is there any idea of what kind of ping Australians get.

Low 300s, mid 200s with leatrix latency fix.
Storm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grave » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:41 am

So is the Oceanic guild going Horde or Ally?

Voted Alliance on the poll.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Esterey » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 pm

I am heavily leaning towards Horde.
I know I'm going against the grain a bit, but consider:

1. There are more than enough US players on Horde side to make raiding viable
2. They'll almost certainly be enough to form a wholly oceanic raiding guild once people move from other servers
3. The balance of players leans about (my guess) 2:3 - Horde:Alliance
4. Its in the best interests of the server for the Faction player-bases to be even, us being Horde can be a part of that
5. ???
6. Profit
Esterey
Private
Private

by Grave » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:13 pm

I don't mind either, but it has to be agreed upon. Otherwise we're just shooting ourselves in the foot for minor faction benefits. (I say minor, relative to the big picture of sticking together)
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Criticism » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:39 am

I've only ever played horde which is why I think it'll be cool giving Alliance a go...end of the day its same old same old, it doesnt really matter where we play, as long as we play together. Of course there will be oceanic people that roll the opposite faction because they're stubborn, but if we can keep it to a minimum then its better for the community and gives us a much better chance of actually being successful in what we're trying to achieve here.

With the poll only having 24% of people wanting to go horde and 62% wanting to be alliance, we'd be killing ourselves by rolling horde. It's a lot easier to convince 24% of people to change faction then it is to convince 62% :P End of the day we need to put personal preferences aside (which can be hard) and do whats best for the small community we have.

Each faction has its ups and downs in terms of buffs, racials, aesthetics etc. but that's irrelevant with such a small community as ours is. The "big" US guilds seem to be Alliance so that's a good reason to play there as well. Also looking at some polls off the general forums, it seems factions will be pretty balanced, with Alliance actually lacking a little bit, so that makes points 3 & 4 irrelevant.

http://strawpoll.me/3573702/r
http://strawpoll.me/2969847/r
Criticism
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Horde guilds headquarters