Why is the warrior the most common class?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Why is the warrior the most common class?

by Calibur » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 am

One Horn wrote:
Tanks and healers have the most stressful roles in instances because wipes are easily attributed to one of the other. That's why when we can blame someone else we do it with gusto just to even the slate a bit. I like tanks and I love good ones, they should be cherished and loved a lot more than they are.

+1 Pretty much spot on I would say.. If a tank is really bad or not sure on how to handle an encounter it shows - mobs running around pounding the healer etc. This pressure can put a few off tanking..
Calibur
Private
Private

by Brion » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Calibur wrote:
One Horn wrote:
Tanks and healers have the most stressful roles in instances because wipes are easily attributed to one of the other. That's why when we can blame someone else we do it with gusto just to even the slate a bit. I like tanks and I love good ones, they should be cherished and loved a lot more than they are.

+1 Pretty much spot on I would say.. If a tank is really bad or not sure on how to handle an encounter it shows - mobs running around pounding the healer etc. This pressure can put a few off tanking..

DPS players are the most frustrating part of tanking for me. Attacking the wrong targets, attacking before the tank has even auto attacked, not using interrupt skills on healing spells, ranged standing in PBAoE, people blindly walking into packs, not using CC, etc. I'm really starting to believe that if there are 3 potential targets, the 3 DPS will each pick their own and they agree on doing this among themselves when the run begins.

And then the tank gets blamed for not having aggro.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nefaris » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 pm

My opinion is that all 3 roles need some brain. A party is not good just because of the tank and the heal. I've seen smart DDs with a decent tank (and I wasn't as a good heal) and those groups were balanced too. Every role can be played very well and supportive, people just need to use their heads.
Nefaris
Private
Private

by NorthernPower » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Brion wrote:
Calibur wrote:
One Horn wrote:

DPS players are the most frustrating part of tanking for me. Attacking the wrong targets, attacking before the tank has even auto attacked, not using interrupt skills on healing spells, ranged standing in PBAoE, people blindly walking into packs, not using CC, etc. I'm really starting to believe that if there are 3 potential targets, the 3 DPS will each pick their own and they agree on doing this among themselves when the run begins.

And then the tank gets blamed for not having aggro.

Agreed - why is it so hard to focus fire skull? Although my experience here is much more positive than I remember vanilla when everyone was a novice. I try not to run 5man without at least one (preferably two) people I know.
NorthernPower
Tester

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion