Will Dire maul north have the same changes?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Will Dire maul north have the same changes?

by Corazon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Is lasher farming considered an exploit?
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ziphr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:25 pm

just curious, what was the exploit?

I remember a point in mid-late vanilla retail where dragonslayer compendiums and class books became super cheap because gold farmers were apparently just porting through dm:n and getting tribute runs, but Im guessing this isnt that
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DeeMarie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Corazon wrote:Is lasher farming considered an exploit?

Soon (tm)

Ziphr wrote:just curious, what was the exploit?

Hunters could solo DM N tribute. Basically a lot of feign death and invis pots to get to the King and Observer. They we would split pull the two and kite the king to death. That, in theory, could be considered the exploit since the two should have been hard linked, but Nos decided to create their own fix.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:38 pm

oh interesting

that sounds awesome, totally approve!

but I also understand why Nos fixed it

did they fix it just by linking those two properly, or add a bunch of detect invis too?

could 2 hunters duo it now? :3
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pokeypointy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:03 pm

They didn't fix it cause time and effort needed are not on the same level as the reward from correcting this. You'd think that linking mobs together would be a true/false at the end of an already written commandline but it's not.

They had patch 1.5 and 1.6 things worry about and the pve server stuff. I expect a fix to this when the dust settles on the pve server.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Ziphr wrote:did they fix it just by linking those two properly, or add a bunch of detect invis too?

Last I heard, and I could be wrong, they leashed the King to the inner ring and made him hit harder than MC bosses along with a constant charge. Not sure how groups will handle him on the PvE if it's still like this.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pita » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Zunni wrote:[

Then fix the mage soloing lashers?, make them elite ... its not fair

Not that I mind but, soloing lashers is availaible to other classes as well, you can probably even find a way with a hunter if you are dedicated enough... its done by prot paladins/arms warriors/holy priests etc..
also its not as nearly as profitable as DM. Its a bit better than killing some elementals which can sum nicely espcially for hunters who get all the first hits simply by enabling aggressive on their pets.

as it was mentioned before, you are already slightly above most in farming, you can also find new "exploits" which should be more fun than using the oldest one.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by pita » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:42 pm

DeeMarie wrote:
Ziphr wrote:did they fix it just by linking those two properly, or add a bunch of detect invis too?

Last I heard, and I could be wrong, they leashed the King to the inner ring and made him hit harder than MC bosses along with a constant charge. Not sure how groups will handle him on the PvE if it's still like this.

From my experience I can say its pretty nasty.
you need to have good Dps and sap the blue fella for most of the fight, also stand with your back to a pillar so the charge wont cause chaos and send you flying.
Basically pop all defensive cooldowns one after the other and pray your healer wont be caught in some mean charge/mortal strike. Dps will go berserk on king so the blue friend wont be fighting most of the fight.
all in all its doable but harder than all other bosses.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by TOVAR » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Zunni wrote:
You must be retarded since its not a exploit, it was soloable on retail too

Atre those exploits 'blizzlike"? Yes they are. Are they lame? Yes they are.They offer your class an unfair advantage over other clases/builds.
But you are just full of shit and too dumb to realize it, because you just like it easy.
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ziphr » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

pita wrote:
DeeMarie wrote:

From my experience I can say its pretty nasty.
you need to have good Dps and sap the blue fella for most of the fight, also stand with your back to a pillar so the charge wont cause chaos and send you flying.
Basically pop all defensive cooldowns one after the other and pray your healer wont be caught in some mean charge/mortal strike. Dps will go berserk on king so the blue friend wont be fighting most of the fight.
all in all its doable but harder than all other bosses.

Im actually looking forward to this now
There will be plenty of reasons to run DM:N on a fresh realm and extra challenge to me makes it more rewarding as well ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion