by GlassGhost » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Nost will
but it would be separate realm
GlassGhost
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Which should i roll on Nost?

by Orc_Hunter » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm on that "other" server that just launched. It went live 30 minutes ago and has less than 300 people total. I think we can put to rest the idea that their server will compete with Nost's upcoming PvE realm.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shimmerleaf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:34 pm

I joined here many months ago, after trying other private servers. I left them behind because they were poorly managed. In particular, they had bugged quests, donation rewards and a maximum of a few hundred players. I did not like these things about them, as it greatly affected enjoyment of the game. My hope was to find one that was better, and I began my search again. When I saw "Nostalrius Begins" among the list of private servers, it stood out to me. I decided to visit their website to see if they offered what I was searching for. The promises of "quality scripts", "progressive content release", "no pay to win", and "stable with 6K+ online players" really caught my interest. I decided to watch some of their videos to see just what they had improved over other private servers. I was not only impressed by their dedication to fixing common problems, but also the quality of the videos themselves. I then read some of the posts in the forums to see what was being discussed, and if their were any complaints. I did not see very many, and so I decided to give it a try.

Although I had some problems getting my account to work, I finally managed to log in and start with my first character, a tauren hunter. I could tell how much better everything was working as opposed to the other private servers I tried, as my gameplay was very smooth. By the time I reached the Barrens and began leveling in the Crossroads, I was surprised by how busy it was. There were people arriving and departing by wind rider every second!

Overall, I have greatly enjoyed my time here, and I look forward to the future. I am also glad that they are releasing a PvE server, which I plan to switch over to once it is available. As for Stormrage, I wish them luck in their project, and I hope people who join them have a good time.
Last edited by Shimmerleaf on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Somedewd » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:14 pm

I plan to play on the new Stormrage server this week. When Nost PVE is released I will give some time (likely not a full week) to determine which I prefer more and play there.

Im pretty sure most people are in agreement that Nost will have a bigger population. But will it be too big with hour long queues? I dont have time to wait an hour each time I want to get in and play. Stormrage has a good sales pitch for sure. But can they deliver with the quality of gameplay that Nost has?
Somedewd
Private
Private

by blix » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Orc_Hunter wrote:I'm on that "other" server that just launched. It went live 30 minutes ago and has less than 300 people total. I think we can put to rest the idea that their server will compete with Nost's upcoming PvE realm.

Pretty much this. Plus there's already a gold dupe bug.

Just gonna wait another week for nost. Proven history with the pvp realm, guaranteed high population, a lot more guilds showing interest in rolling on it.
blix
Tester

by Sizzla » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:37 pm

280 online on Stormrage... challenging
Sizzla
Tester

by pita » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Somedewd wrote:I plan to play on the new Stormrage server this week. When Nost PVE is released I will give some time (likely not a full week) to determine which I prefer more and play there.

Im pretty sure most people are in agreement that Nost will have a bigger population. But will it be too big with hour long queues? I dont have time to wait an hour each time I want to get in and play. Stormrage has a good sales pitch for sure. But can they deliver with the quality of gameplay that Nost has?

I did that mistake before.
I chose kronos to start testing and it didnt fail. Good scripts, no lag, everything is smooth but... the community is small. I thought it could be nice, i tried to push, hit 60 and than I start seeing how everything slows down, groups.. progress.. zones with no people. I realised that even 1k online isnt enough, i came to nost (which was my second choice) even though it lagged a bit for a while it had so many people it was just worth it.

My advice to you, dont settle on a low populated server even if its a good scripted one.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by TwinHeadedKraken » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:17 pm

85 Horde, 150 Alliance 3 hours later after launch for S. Project. Had one restart, and a gold duper gave away some gold in Durotar, but you can't expect 100% flawlessness at the start.

The numbers maybe will show the disparity between A vs H when Nost PvE starts.

For what it's worth, it had an active starting chat in Mulgore. Can't wait to see what the Nost chat is gonna be like. :D
TwinHeadedKraken
Grunt
Grunt

by Riwanon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Sizzla wrote:280 online on Stormrage... challenging

Actually, i think in the long run it would be better to have an other "challaning" server. The overall population of people who play vanilla would increase in my opinion.

So i would be kind a sad if the stormrage project fails.
Riwanon
Tester

by Acousticferret » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 am

Stormrage operates perfectly fine. Just needs people. Had a few bugs at first that got fixed right away
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion