Poll: Faction Choice, >48 hours edition.

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Poll: Faction Choice, >48 hours edition.

by Serico » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:01 pm

TwinHeadedKraken wrote:I'm anticipating Alliance 60: 40 Horde. When Stormrage launched, they had similar ratio.

Plus, on PvE servers, people favor alliance.

On PvP Nost, where Horde has better PvP racials, it's about 51:49, so I expect on PvE Nost for 60:40.

It all changed when the bloodelf nation attacked.

60:40 is good enough. If the main focus is on PvE it doesn't really matter all that much.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

by Shimmerleaf » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:23 pm

I am going to create both Horde and Alliance characters. That strikes a balance, and it allows me to play several different classes, as well as experience both sides of questing.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moozer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Yeah, i think it's due to how levelling goes as well.

Horde seems rather streamlined and easier for the first part. Besides Blackfathom Depths and Deadmines, all major 1-40 levelling dungeons are all in Horde Neutral territory. They have easy access to some of the contested levelling territories too like Thousand Needles and Hillsbrad.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

by Serico » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

It's really true that horde has an easier and quicker access to a lot of early dungeons like scarlet monastery in tirisfal, razorfen in southern and wailing caverns in northern barrens, ragefire chasm in orgrimmar, shadowfang keep in silverpine forest... And blackfathom deeps are also not that far away for horde players. We got a quest hub with a flight path just on the other side of the beach.

The only "real" alliance dungeons are the stockades and deadmines. And maybe gnomeregan. It is reachable through the teleporter in booty bay, but horde players don't get any quests for it.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

by Moozer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Serico wrote:The only "real" alliance dungeons are the stockades and deadmines. And maybe gnomeregan. It is reachable through the teleporter in booty bay, but horde players don't get any quests for it.

They do get one, simply to take some blueprints from Thermaplugg.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

by Mustard » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 pm

not many hordes? :(
Mustard
Private
Private

by Pokeypointy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Mustard wrote:not many hordes? :(

Vanilla pve is almost always around 60% ally and 40% horde.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TwinHeadedKraken » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm

If my group of friends weren't rolling Alliance, I'd like to roll Horde and get a chance at that Ivory raptor. Also probably get instant BG queues.

Maybe I'll roll a horde alt, but I like feeding my alts from my main, and I'm not sure if neutral AH passing items around is exploiting or not (no interfaction mail).

But like someone said, PvE server is PvE focused, so I think it'll be fun to see the guilds racing for server firsts and stuff. Plus I'm sure there'll be some organized world PvP events. But lowbies can exclude themselves lol
TwinHeadedKraken
Grunt
Grunt

by Unforgiven » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:15 pm

It's looking a lot less one-sided as previous polls so that's always good.
Unforgiven
Tester

by Aquane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Serico wrote:It's really true that horde has an easier and quicker access to a lot of early dungeons like scarlet monastery in tirisfal, razorfen in southern and wailing caverns in northern barrens, ragefire chasm in orgrimmar, shadowfang keep in silverpine forest... And blackfathom deeps are also not that far away for horde players. We got a quest hub with a flight path just on the other side of the beach.

The only "real" alliance dungeons are the stockades and deadmines. And maybe gnomeregan. It is reachable through the teleporter in booty bay, but horde players don't get any quests for it.

actually horde players do get 2 quests for gnomergan; one is found inside the instance and the other comes from the engineering place in orgrimmar

also we need more hordes to pick horde!
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion