Faction Balance

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Faction Balance

by Brion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:39 pm

I intend to roll horde here soon, but only have sparse playing time until June. Hopefully I will get to group with some other alts/lowbies on my journey.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Droom91 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:02 pm

XJ9 wrote:I can't be the only one who is fine with the faction imbalance. I mean sure, I play Horde but I also have a guild if I want to run dungeons ever so population doesn't hurt me as much. Though right now the Horde are the most progressed faction as far as guilds are concerned with them having a commanding lead on Azuregos kills and thus far the only guild kill. Granted Salvation and Kings are carrying Alliance DPS hardcore (Really bad when Trunix's Alliance Rogue with less gear does more Onyxia DPS than his fairly geared Undead Rogue) DPS won't win it all. Alliance don't get a raid mechanics buff, sure they'll be good on Patchwerk or DPS races but when it comes to mechanics and raid competence, it can easily be a toss up. It isn't as if intelligent players roll a specific faction. You have good players on both sides, and apes at a keyboard on both sides.

Paladins are good, shamans are good too, Shamans wreck for AQ40 while Paladins are better in PvE come Naxx but keep in mind, the best guild out of Vanilla was Horde. Only real drawback is Shamans can only windfury their group so if you're limited on Shamans you have to organize the raid around Windfury allocation. Whereas Paladins can buff groups not their own. If Salvation or Kings were auras which are group oriented, different story.

People just naturally will pick Alliance for a myriad of reasons, perceived easiness is one. Keep in mind, Alliance may have more players, doesn't necessarily mean a lot of them are worth a damn. Look at how BGs turned out, people rolled Alliance because they won every game almost and then that swung in favor of Horde as the Horde got better and the Alliance got watered down with people looking for free victories.

I kinda feel sad for hardcore peeps like you thinking they will get same feeling from private server that they had from vanilla retail.
just play for fun imo.
wtf is wrong with you people?
I dont care if horde guild or alliance guild is better.
in the end everyone raids, that's what matters.
seriously
Don't get me wrong, i was hardcore too(in retail duh..) but i really prefer casual playing and there's stuff like jobs and family u know.

Edit: actually its people like you that often kill experience for others.
and reason why problaby alot of casual players quit.
Players are kinda key for population issues
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dish » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Brion wrote:I intend to roll horde here soon, but only have sparse playing time until June. Hopefully I will get to group with some other alts/lowbies on my journey.

Don't worry, population is still growing and there are tons of new people leveling or older players leveling their alts.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by XJ9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:03 am

Droom91 wrote:
XJ9 wrote:I can't be the only one who is fine with the faction imbalance. I mean sure, I play Horde but I also have a guild if I want to run dungeons ever so population doesn't hurt me as much. Though right now the Horde are the most progressed faction as far as guilds are concerned with them having a commanding lead on Azuregos kills and thus far the only guild kill. Granted Salvation and Kings are carrying Alliance DPS hardcore (Really bad when Trunix's Alliance Rogue with less gear does more Onyxia DPS than his fairly geared Undead Rogue) DPS won't win it all. Alliance don't get a raid mechanics buff, sure they'll be good on Patchwerk or DPS races but when it comes to mechanics and raid competence, it can easily be a toss up. It isn't as if intelligent players roll a specific faction. You have good players on both sides, and apes at a keyboard on both sides.

Paladins are good, shamans are good too, Shamans wreck for AQ40 while Paladins are better in PvE come Naxx but keep in mind, the best guild out of Vanilla was Horde. Only real drawback is Shamans can only windfury their group so if you're limited on Shamans you have to organize the raid around Windfury allocation. Whereas Paladins can buff groups not their own. If Salvation or Kings were auras which are group oriented, different story.

People just naturally will pick Alliance for a myriad of reasons, perceived easiness is one. Keep in mind, Alliance may have more players, doesn't necessarily mean a lot of them are worth a damn. Look at how BGs turned out, people rolled Alliance because they won every game almost and then that swung in favor of Horde as the Horde got better and the Alliance got watered down with people looking for free victories.

I kinda feel sad for hardcore peeps like you thinking they will get same feeling from private server that they had from vanilla retail.
just play for fun imo.
wtf is wrong with you people?
I dont care if horde guild or alliance guild is better.
in the end everyone raids, that's what matters.
seriously
Don't get me wrong, i was hardcore too(in retail duh..) but i really prefer casual playing and there's stuff like jobs and family u know.

Edit: actually its people like you that often kill experience for others.
and reason why problaby alot of casual players quit.
Players are kinda key for population issues

"I'm fine with faction imbalance." apparently that makes me a hardcore player? Because I clearly rolled the stacked faction and not my favourite race in the game which plays on the inferior pve faction.

I was explaining WHY there is a faction imbalance. Don't break your legs jumping to conclusions like you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuBJOjZPQTM is my response to reading that ridiculous post of yours.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MagpiePvE » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:57 pm

I don't really care. Being part of the highpop faction has its own pros and cons, as does being part of the lowpop faction.
When you are lowpopping, at least you get to grind your quest mobs etc in peace, and when you are highpopping, you have more 5man runs.
High/lowpop balance would be more of an issue, if this server was some 500 peaktimes online -server, but it isn't. Now both factions have more than plenty of players anyway. As long as the balance doesn't get absolutely ridiculous, like 20/80 or something, i just can't be bothered to care that much.
MagpiePvE
Tester

by Falls » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:24 am

If you really have an issue with the problem, the only real solution is you. Create an incentive for people to move to Horde PVE. Either try recruit from PVP or Try bait people from alliance. Maybe one of the Raiding guild for horde could create a affiliate guild to help lvling players. Try gather lvling gear and help run people through dungeons, this is what can easy the transfer to Horde. Its in the interest of raiders to keep the server filled with potential raiders, for the future. Any veteran players knows how often people drop, for whatever reason.

Create an awareness of your intentions and people will respond, just means work for you. If you don't want to act don't complain. Its not something the devs can help with, its down to the community.

I would go horde, but im having too much fun on my pally. I do wish you guys luck though.
Falls
Private
Private

by Droom91 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Falls wrote:If you really have an issue with the problem, the only real solution is you. Create an incentive for people to move to Horde PVE. Either try recruit from PVP or Try bait people from alliance. Maybe one of the Raiding guild for horde could create a affiliate guild to help lvling players. Try gather lvling gear and help run people through dungeons, this is what can easy the transfer to Horde. Its in the interest of raiders to keep the server filled with potential raiders, for the future. Any veteran players knows how often people drop, for whatever reason.

Create an awareness of your intentions and people will respond, just means work for you. If you don't want to act don't complain. Its not something the devs can help with, its down to the community.

I would go horde, but im having too much fun on my pally. I do wish you guys luck though.

^^ This ^^

Someone that actually coments to help
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dish » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 pm

I noticed the ratio is much worse at off-peak times (EU).

Right now at pretty much peak time EU it's close to 58:42, which really isn't all that bad tbh and probably to be expected on a PvE server.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ortuus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

When it comes to a PVE Server I don't see the problem. It just means that the Horde side is going to be a more tightly knit community because of it's low numbers. Though it would make it harder for guilds to recruit and raid.
You've tapped into a dangerous vein here. as your attorney I advise you to take three steps backward, pour yourself a hearty dose of spirits, and gaze wistfully across the vast abyss you very nearly wandered into. Then, for the love of all gods, jump.
Ortuus
Tester

by RedBulik » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:23 pm

It's getting a little ridiculous.

Kokaina/Warlock/Horde/PVE Realm
RedBulik
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion