Which should i roll on Nost?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Which should i roll on Nost?

by Oitake » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:42 am

I wouldn't want either server to fail, but since I came to nost pvp I realized it works almost smoother than what blizz had back then, server crashes included and especially if you consider the amount of players on it.

Even though I'm not much of a worldpvper, I got some fun times pvping others and most of my dungeon runs were very nice. In terms of questing people were competing like mad and still I can count the amount of jerks on one hand.

But seriously, I can run around on an overpopulated server with almost no lag (yes, I'm from EU so it helps). I would jokingly say it's not blizzlike to be able to do that ;).

I hope Stormrage doesn't fail as their intentions are great! And if both servers are stable who knows what the influx of new players can be when there are two servers to handle the (hopefully) load? But to me personally nost has been a great place and reading about stormrage allowing multiboxing is a big no no. I'm not against multiboxing in retail, but there's a wall of payment so not many people would want to do it. I'm afraid too many people will start to multibox on a free server.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by eXistenZ » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 am

Orc_Hunter wrote:3. The other server allows multi-boxing... no thanks.

Not in PvP btw. Just PvE.
Myrrh (Alliance) - PvE server
eXistenZ
Private
Private

by Amelissan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 am

I also tried Stormrage out of curiosity, considering the first day of the launch, (only starter area )

- The server has bugs not flowing with them but even the basic mechanics and features of the game are bugging... No

- The player base seems to be nice and mature, i can't say i have not encountered trolls or bad manners but they were extremely scarce.

- The population is really small.. like really... having 50 to 90 on horde side and 50 to 200 on ally side is unacceptable for my taste and considering they will certainly lose player base in considerable amount when Nost PvE goes live, i foresee that even gathering a dung group would be a challenge yet alone finding 30 smth ppl to raid with.

- Dev team trying to fix bugs and exploits as fast as possible but considering even leveling in the starting areas becoming agonizing from time to time i won't be suprised if there are more waiting for the players in the higher level zones.

So in summary, i decided to wait Nost PvE opening for one more week, and i think this is the reasonable option rather than investing time and effort to level on SP and realizing that my game experience is being demolished by the low population and poor quality.
Some of the users pointing out that the server will become more crowded as the time passes, but with the incoming rival server that already having it's own 3k+ players grinding their teeth i can't see the logic behind this, afterall server's best bet would be 500 unique accounts. Which will still be very low for me.
And we already have a Kronos example in our hands, extremely well scripted and lag-free server lost the battle againist the HYPE and population ( not that Nost script was bad the main reason was the population imho.)and i fear (and really don't want it to be) SP will meet the same fate sooner or later.

tl;dr : As a casual player and having no relation with any server's staff my humble advice for you to wait the Nost PvE realm.
Amelissan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Serico » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:28 pm

The Stormrage realm is officially closed. The staff decided that with around 40 people online it's not worth any further effort.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Neversober wrote:Will Nost upgrade to TBC?
Stormrage plans to and this is making me not want to roll there now.

I want to play on a Vanilla Server that plans on sticking to Vanilla.

Viper wrote:What's next once all the content will be cleared
A new TBC server will be opened after some months by the community we depend on. This new realm will be completely independent from Nostalrius Begins, that will continue to be supported. Additionnaly, the Nostalrius players will have the possibility to copy any character to the Burning Crusade realm. Once again, Nostalrius Begins will always stay online, and will always have its own dedicated staff.

Source :FAQ
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by BoxerBriefly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Serico wrote:The Stormrage realm is officially closed. The staff decided that with around 40 people online it's not worth any further effort.

Yeah, a bit disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Now, we can refocus our attention here, and I can't wait to get started this Saturday!
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion