Let's try to make this server less toxic

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Let's try to make this server less toxic

by Corazon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Combover wrote:They probably didn't know how big the PvP server would be and they still handled that marvellously, all things considered. That amount of players is completely unprecedented and the server remained playable 95% of the time even in the beginning. There was some lag and some crashes but it was playable, and Nostalrius has never seriously faltered despite completely overwhelming popularity. I think they'll manage the new server just fine, as long as one allows for some overload in the beginning.

I'm having flashbacks in Tirisfal again. Five level 3's standing at each and every mob spawn, waiting. :lol:
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Combover » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Yeah but other servers would have imloded with half the population.
Combover
Private
Private

by Orc_Hunter » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by KirkHammett » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:20 pm

I suppose it's all up to how we start on the server. I'm inclined to think that it's going to consist of a good community. We all get a fresh start, almost everyone will start working together at first (Vanilla being the team based game that it was) and people will get to know each other in a very short time span; eventually form the first guilds on the PvE server, and overall try to put hostility aside.

Sure, there's always that troll/flamer here and there, but which community doesn't have those, no one said it's going to be utopia, but we can still try and keep it as clean as possible.

That being said, I've had enough time to check out the PvP realm and the forums, almost everyone seems to be mature enough and understanding, so I guess I'll just have to leave it at a little bit of faith that this PvE server is going to feel a lot like a virtual home for a lot of players.

Eager to wait and see how it all turns out, and I guess I'll see y'all there.
Exception error messages in a nutshell:
Code: Select all
$result = mysql_query("SELECT `finger` FROM `hand` WHERE id=3");
echo $result;
KirkHammett
Private
Private

by Coreborn » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Agree on this.

and to the one who sayd that they dont care what people think. Sure they do,
if they didnt they wouldnt rage and overcompansate. But instead act calm. ;)
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PageGaming » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:57 pm

There will still be plenty of drama and assholes, but I think the lack of ganking will keep people in better overall spirits. That kind of competitive spirit can make people bitter and then the cycle goes on and on and on.....

I'll be doing my best to make sure my guild is pumping out fun events for those who are interested in that sort of thing though. Gotta be the change you want to see. :]
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glimwow » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:49 pm

What will the population look like on the PvP server once the PvE server opens? Any guesses? So many people cry in general chat on the PvP server so I'm afraid we will lose a lot.
Glimwow
Private
Private

by Corazon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Glimwow wrote:What will the population look like on the PvP server once the PvE server opens? Any guesses? So many people cry in general chat on the PvP server so I'm afraid we will lose a lot.

The only loss will be to the noskill gankers who will cry that "world pvp" is dead.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by messica » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Glimwow wrote:What will the population look like on the PvP server once the PvE server opens? Any guesses? So many people cry in general chat on the PvP server so I'm afraid we will lose a lot.

Take a look viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20231

Judging from the data Nost gathered from the PvE server test I don't think it will be an issue.... The majority of players that showed up for that test were either returning players or completely new players. Besides, the PvP server has a healthy population some would even say crowded.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Combover » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:17 pm

messica wrote:Take a look viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20231

For the record, they have to have miscalculated something with that survey. There's absolutely no way their report is accurate. Why would 70% of the people logging into a 40 minute test realm be people who have never played Nost before? And why would half of the remaining ones be people who no longer play?

They're trying to convince us that only ~15% of the people who logged into the PvE test realm actually play Nostalrius, which is so absurd that it shouldn't be taken seriously. They messed up their IP tracker or something. It's completely and utterly unrealistic for these numbers to be true.

So take those numbers with a truckload of salt because it's totally impossible for that to be the case.
Combover
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion