Let's try to make this server less toxic

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Let's try to make this server less toxic

by Zan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Combover wrote:
messica wrote:Take a look viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20231

For the record, they have to have miscalculated something with that survey. There's absolutely no way their report is accurate. Why would 70% of the people logging into a 40 minute test realm be people who have never played Nost before? And why would half of the remaining ones be people who no longer play?

They're trying to convince us that only ~15% of the people who logged into the PvE test realm actually play Nostalrius, which is so absurd that it shouldn't be taken seriously. They messed up their IP tracker or something. It's completely and utterly unrealistic for these numbers to be true.

So take those numbers with a truckload of salt because it's totally impossible for that to be the case.

Make me laugh, the whole point of that test was to vote with your IP. How is unrealistic that a bunch of players (myself included) were completely fed up with the drowning PVP server and ended up quitting until it gets better or there's a better available option?

Judging how this test was to measure the interest of a potential capped PVE server, how are these numbers completely unreasonable? This is the internet where news can travel extremely fast, also if you haven't noticed already; there isn't any blizzlike vanilla PVE servers out there and Nost can at least almost promise a healthy(but controlled) populated server unlike any other projects out there.
Zan
Grunt
Grunt

by messica » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Combover wrote:
messica wrote:Take a look viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20231

For the record
, they have to have miscalculated something with that survey. There's absolutely no way their report is accurate. Why would 70% of the people logging into a 40 minute test realm be people who have never played Nost before? And why would half of the remaining ones be people who no longer play?

They're trying to convince us that only ~15% of the people who logged into the PvE test realm actually play Nostalrius, which is so absurd that it shouldn't be taken seriously. They messed up their IP tracker or something. It's completely and utterly unrealistic for these numbers to be true.

So take those numbers with a truckload of salt because it's totally impossible for that to be the case.

That's your opinion, but I don't agree with you there. There is a demand in the community for a PvE server and that demand does not come from Nost players alone. I think most people who have already invested a lot of time into the PvP server will stay put...
The absolute worst case scenario the PvP server would lose 2k players (mind you this is wildly unrealistic) and the PvP server would still have a healthy population. I'm not saying that this should or will happen but only time will tell. They are putting a cap on the PvE server so...
Also I don't think "for the record" is a good phrase to use here since you have nothing to back up what you are saying.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Acousticferret » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

I've been playing on a tbc realm while waiting and pop there only hits 1100 max at peak times and the world still seems full of players and groups going for eveything. The pve server pop will be fine
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ToshinouKyouko » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:35 pm

messica wrote:The absolute worst case scenario the PvP server would lose 2k players (mind you this is wildly unrealistic) and the PvP server would still have a healthy population.

I'm not sure if that would even be such a bad thing. The PvP server would still be preposterously overpopulated even if 2500 people left to play on the PvE server.

Oh, and I also came back here just for the PvE. Originally quit because of the constant camping by level 60s in low level areas.
ToshinouKyouko
Private
Private

by Kazy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:50 pm

I do think that this server will be less toxic because ganking/corpsecamping wont happen.
But that doesn't mean that toxic things wont happen. There will still be people trying to kill the same mobs and being angry about that. Of course, if they do keep the 2500 players cap, that will certainly help with this.
Kazy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kentamentiu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Alot of the toxic behaviour does spout out of frustration. With a lower population and no forced PVP, I do expect it to be alot better.
The first couple of days/weeks could still be a problem though.
Kentamentiu
Grunt
Grunt

by messica » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:04 pm

ToshinouKyouko wrote:
messica wrote:The absolute worst case scenario the PvP server would lose 2k players (mind you this is wildly unrealistic) and the PvP server would still have a healthy population.

I'm not sure if that would even be such a bad thing. The PvP server would still be preposterously overpopulated even if 2500 people left to play on the PvE server.

Yes I agree. Splitting the load a bit wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion. Many people like the "overpopulation" of Nost server though it seems.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:28 am

Hi everyone! Here are my tips:

Raziya wrote: - Don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself, and set a good example. You don't want people tagging your mobs constantly? Don't steal them from others. You don't like it when someone passes you by when you're about to die, and you die if they would have just helped? Help your fellow lowbies, or those much lower than you. On the PvP server, I like to toy with Hordies with a little viper sting here, or a little freezing trap there, but I never kill (or get someone killed) someone way lower than me. Not unless they're trying to kill some other Alliance player or me! Or have proven themselves both hostile and harmful.
- Consider joining a group. You'll receive less experience from mobs, but it's an excellent way to make friends, kill things more effectively, and you can share the quest items. Wait until your party members are done with a quest, and they do the same for you. Making friends is of great importance when you want to have a positive impact on this network of individuals which forms a community! People are strange when you're a stranger... so don't be a stranger! It'll help you empathize with your peers.
- Think on the individual level, for that matter. It's so easy to look at any community and generalize and group and even form stereotypes, which can be accurate to a degree, but the way it all works is when a ton of individuals come together. Group issues doesn't come into play when talking with someone one-on-one, because everyone has their own story to tell, and that individual level is where it matters. If you must hold a grudge, let it be against the one who wronged you, and not all those who simply happen to be on some level related.
- In addition, try and think higher than your own station. Just because you're thinking on the individual level doesn't mean you can't think of other individuals and how they complement your skillset, playstyle, preferences and whatnot in a group; in fact, that's one of the most important parts. It can be tempting in a difficult group to withhold from cooperating with your teammates, but remember that in a dungeon or raid, your team operates in unison towards a single goal, and if you don't rely upon them, if you don't cooperate with them, your group may fail in its purpose and it will be your fault just as much as it may be their's. If you know what you're doing, be patient, be kind, and be a leader that inspires. If you don't, then humble yourself, listen, and learn. It all works towards the benefit of the group, and everyone involved can take something from the experience for next time, and everyone earns something when you work together.
- Sometimes, however, one simply cannot escape the shameful trappings of rage, be it within others or, regrettably, even in one's-self. Don't hesitate to displace someone who refuses to cooperate or demonstrates an inability to perform to reasonable and acceptable standards, if necessary. Consult your allies about your group and make a decision on what sort of group you'd like it to be beforehand, and make sure everyone understands. Communication is important, so use your words!
- Finally, don't preach it. You don't have to go around shouting "Ugh, why can't people be nice? People are so mean!" because you create negativity that way. And that isn't specific and doesn't narrow down the problem. There are ways to criticize or even insult without being negative. Just carry the virtues you desire to see in anyone else with you, and be strong and independent, confident and cooperative, and decisive and efficient. And remind yourself to be the things you desire to be every time your character is called into question.

Good luck on the PvE server, and have fun!
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Coreborn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 am

I do not like cats. So if this gonna be some kind of catlady server than its time to release the hounds.
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flrl » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:38 am

How can you not like cats? Monster.
flrl
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion