Let's try to make this server less toxic

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Let's try to make this server less toxic

by RustyIsBad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 am

Coreborn wrote:I do not like cats. So if this gonna be some kind of catlady server than its time to release the hounds.

flrl wrote:How can you not like cats? Monster.

It begins.
RustyIsBad
Private
Private

by holypicklez » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am

yeah this is the internet, it's just a matter of time before the PvE server community is also a shitfest. GL trying to have a symposium with educated, intelligent, suave, mature adults who happen to like WoW.
holypicklez
Tester

by NerZhulen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:37 am

I am afraid of 1000+ que, Ive red somewhere PvE server will have 2500 cap.
So if you will want to play on PvE server you need to login and que the day before LOL :D.
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nagrim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 am

Probably the queue will take away your lifetime every day you try to play. Guess there won't ever be below 2500 players, supposing they'll fix the crashes.
Don't understand why they cap at 2500, why not 4000?
Nagrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tsutey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:00 am

Nagrim wrote:Probably the queue will take away your lifetime every day you try to play. Guess there won't ever be below 2500 players, supposing they'll fix the crashes.
Don't understand why they cap at 2500, why not 4000?

Cause that's how it was on the retail and most importantly more than 2.500 would destroy world economy and game mechanics in the game like it is on PvP realm. Another words server stability is made for 2.500 players no more.

It's better to wait in the queue a few minutes knowing that the server is stable than be able to connect right away to unstable overpopulated server with broken economy and game mechanics.
Flammie <Voltaic> - alliance weekend raiding on Nostalrius PvE
Tsutey
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:11 am

already rping and you guys aren't even in goldshire yet
pls have some decency, don't do it in public
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Corazon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Niko wrote:already rping and you guys aren't even in goldshire yet

You said it bro.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Orc_Hunter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Niko wrote:already rping and you guys aren't even in goldshire yet

I want Niko to play on PvE server so I can ERP with him at Goldshire inn.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Computeher » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 pm

The PvP server hasn't been too bad to me, but then again I'm only level 7. I haven't been out and about to see the world.

I'm rerolling to the PvE server regardless and do hope it's all fluffy bunnies and rainbows :D
Alliance - Vaerity
Horde - Computeher
Computeher
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shimmerleaf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 am

Fey wrote:Hi everyone! Here are my tips:

Raziya wrote: - Don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself, and set a good example. You don't want people tagging your mobs constantly? Don't steal them from others. You don't like it when someone passes you by when you're about to die, and you die if they would have just helped? Help your fellow lowbies, or those much lower than you. On the PvP server, I like to toy with Hordies with a little viper sting here, or a little freezing trap there, but I never kill (or get someone killed) someone way lower than me. Not unless they're trying to kill some other Alliance player or me! Or have proven themselves both hostile and harmful.
- Consider joining a group. You'll receive less experience from mobs, but it's an excellent way to make friends, kill things more effectively, and you can share the quest items. Wait until your party members are done with a quest, and they do the same for you. Making friends is of great importance when you want to have a positive impact on this network of individuals which forms a community! People are strange when you're a stranger... so don't be a stranger! It'll help you empathize with your peers.
- Think on the individual level, for that matter. It's so easy to look at any community and generalize and group and even form stereotypes, which can be accurate to a degree, but the way it all works is when a ton of individuals come together. Group issues doesn't come into play when talking with someone one-on-one, because everyone has their own story to tell, and that individual level is where it matters. If you must hold a grudge, let it be against the one who wronged you, and not all those who simply happen to be on some level related.
- In addition, try and think higher than your own station. Just because you're thinking on the individual level doesn't mean you can't think of other individuals and how they complement your skillset, playstyle, preferences and whatnot in a group; in fact, that's one of the most important parts. It can be tempting in a difficult group to withhold from cooperating with your teammates, but remember that in a dungeon or raid, your team operates in unison towards a single goal, and if you don't rely upon them, if you don't cooperate with them, your group may fail in its purpose and it will be your fault just as much as it may be their's. If you know what you're doing, be patient, be kind, and be a leader that inspires. If you don't, then humble yourself, listen, and learn. It all works towards the benefit of the group, and everyone involved can take something from the experience for next time, and everyone earns something when you work together.
- Sometimes, however, one simply cannot escape the shameful trappings of rage, be it within others or, regrettably, even in one's-self. Don't hesitate to displace someone who refuses to cooperate or demonstrates an inability to perform to reasonable and acceptable standards, if necessary. Consult your allies about your group and make a decision on what sort of group you'd like it to be beforehand, and make sure everyone understands. Communication is important, so use your words!
- Finally, don't preach it. You don't have to go around shouting "Ugh, why can't people be nice? People are so mean!" because you create negativity that way. And that isn't specific and doesn't narrow down the problem. There are ways to criticize or even insult without being negative. Just carry the virtues you desire to see in anyone else with you, and be strong and independent, confident and cooperative, and decisive and efficient. And remind yourself to be the things you desire to be every time your character is called into question.

Good luck on the PvE server, and have fun!

That is very good advice, I only wish more players would follow it. I always try to be kind to people, to help them, and save them when they're about to die. Sadly, not many return the favor. I still do it, however, because it gives me a good feeling and it sets an example for others.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion