Different Class Ratio PvP <-> PvE

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Different Class Ratio PvP <-> PvE

by Delso » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey Guys.

I m really looking forward for the PvE Server like most of us. I started thinking about what class should i play on the PvE. I m a 9 years WoW Veteran who played every of the nine classes. I m way ahead of the "play the class that make you the most fun" thing , since i can gain my fun from my role in a group and i can find something fun to play in every of the classes.

Question: Do you guys think there will be a different in the Class ration between the PvP Server and the PvE Server?

There are things that are the same on every server of course , high needs for tanks for 5 mans and healers and range DDs for raids ofc i know that. But do you think there will be some other things since the people who wanna play pvp will stay on the PvP server and the PvE Server community will be more Raid focussed?

Less Rouges and Arms warriors on the PvE? just to make an example

Or will there be no difference at all? Your oppinions here
Delso
Private
Private

Re: Different Class Ratio PvP <-> PvE

by PageGaming » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 pm

I think there will still be tons of Rogues/Warriors because they're so iconic and frankly, extremely powerful. I hope we'll see more people maining tanks/healers though because they won't be punished for going out in the world with those builds.

I also think more people will feel comfortable leveling classes that are slower because they don't need to fight or run from ganks. But total population, I'd be surprised if Mages/Rogues/Warriors weren't tops.
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by KirkHammett » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Honestly, sometimes the term "PvE" confuses a lot of people into immediately thinking that the pvp aspect of the game will deteriorate, decline or otherwise be totally non-existant in a PvE server. I definitely see your point in this, though, some people really do come to this server mainly for PvE purposes, but a large percent of the majority of the player base (me included) will still perpetuate the PvP aspect of the game, since most of us are both PvP/PvE oriented.

So, on that note, yes maybe some particular roles of a distinct class will be forgone, but not in their entirety. The arms warriors you aforementioned as an example, me in particular, I shall pvp with an arms spec, and I am sure many other warriors will do the same. The truth is, we can never really have an accord when it comes to class specific roles/specs etc. On every server the statistics are different, which will also be the case in this one.

But if you want a TL;DR version of what I'm saying, I guess it'll be something like:
Class specific roles will be versatile, I believe we shall have everything from each class and in a quite formidable number as well, just as a PvE server should have.
Cheers!
Exception error messages in a nutshell:
Code: Select all
$result = mysql_query("SELECT `finger` FROM `hand` WHERE id=3");
echo $result;
KirkHammett
Private
Private

by Corazon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Trust me, there will NEVER be a shortage of rogues or warriors. Ever. They're simply too interesting to play in a period of the game's history where most other classes are stuck spamming their respective magic bolt spell.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TOVAR » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:46 pm

I believe there will be a lot less Undead Rogues.....in Lakeshire :lol:
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ToshinouKyouko » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:49 pm

I suspect there will be more Alliance Warlocks. They will be much more comfy to play without a legion of Undead Rogues waiting to gank you with their 10 hour fear immunity.
ToshinouKyouko
Private
Private

by Shad0wsong » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:51 am

Not everyone is coming here because it's a PvE server. Some of us will come simply because we missed the original launch (by months) and want to start on a fresh server. On the current server, the PvP Ranks are messed up because a ton of people cheated with win trading. It will be brutally difficult for newer players to ever be able to rank up there. Here it's a fresh start with everyone on an even playing field.

Not all PvPer's are gankers. Some of us just like the competitive team sport of the BG's.
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by Chatthenator » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:05 am

I suppose there will be more or less classes based on their "reputation" as a PvP class. For example, I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT less rogues and a LOT MORE casters on the PvE server compared to PvP, since rogue's stealth isn't THAT overpowered in PvE compared to PvP (atleast, I guess that's the reason most (new) players pick) and casters will also be a lot safer. You can pretty much compare the classes that participate in raids compared to BGs.
Chatthenator
Private
Private

by Rosenwyn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 am

It would be interesting to compare Census addon results on PvE and PvP server.
-You can't do that while incapacitated
-You can't do that while polymorphed
-You can't do that while silenced
-You can't do that while stunned
-You can't do that while frozen
-You can't do that while feared
-You can't do that while dead
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by Giordano » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:12 am

PageGaming wrote: I hope we'll see more people maining tanks/healers though because they won't be punished for going out in the world with those builds.

I can't wait to level my warrior tank for that reason alone.
Giordano
Tester

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion