So I Just Hit Stranglethorn...

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: So I Just Hit Stranglethorn...

by Frigidus » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

umandez wrote:The PvE server will get boring after a while.. AFKing in main cities is going to be so much fun.

I don't find world PvP fun anyways, so I won't be missing out on anything.
Frigidus
Tester

by Pokeypointy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Wouldn't being safe around the world generate more character movement?

If wpvp does anything, it creates a game where you idle in IF/SW/OG/UC til you need to go do some compulsory farming and then hs right back into the hub of idleness.

This is ofcourse the case for those who do not partake in forcing pvp upon others around the world, which is 95% of the population.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Glenzig » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 pm

umandez wrote:The PvE server will get boring after a while.. AFKing in main cities is going to be so much fun.

Yeah case that doesn't happen on the pvp server. Nope!
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Oitake » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 am

Yeah, I'm missing STV as well. Though it's an awesome place to pvp, it's also an awesome place to quest. These things do not mix well, if pvp means you need to be lvl 60 and then you still get raided.

That's all fun and all, but sometimes you just want to see the place to quest.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lizelle » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:02 am

Yup, I was questing in STV (E.G. running back to my corpse repeatedly) a couple of nights ago and I caught myself wishing I was back at work :(

One thing I am curious about, is they said the PVE server will be able to support 10k people but they are going to restrict it to 2.5k?
Lizelle
Tester

by BoxerBriefly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:55 pm

I Know the feeling. But, for me, I didn't ever make it to STV before the gankathon started, it began in Thousand Needles, and from there on, leveling ground to a snails pace. It's hard out there for a solo player. Really can't wait for the PvE server.
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by YouAreDoomed » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:43 pm

MasterQuaster wrote:Yes thanks bro! At least you got it :) I am the hardest of the hards!

Nope. You're definitely far from it. Typical hardhearted response from a person like you, BTW. Weak is the word that you are looking for. Not saying all PVPers(I'm a PVPer myself) are sadistic, but there are some out there. It's pretty despicable to grief & camp players all day and all night.

Some players don't find it fun be camped. Some players don't find it fun to do corpse runs repeatedly. Some people prefer to quest in peace. Some players prefer BGS. I prefer BGS. WPVP is just a another word for gank fest. Not worth it. Keep crying on the PVE forums. :P
YouAreDoomed
Grunt
Grunt

by Coreborn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Stranglethorn is nothing. The real ganking didnt happan before you where 50+,
and started to quest in western plaguelands and burning steppes.

My experiance in stranglethorn was rather funny.
There was a priest that mindcontrolled a rogue into a pit under water, than he was sapped by a rogue,
and stunlocked under water until he drown. :mrgreen:
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:44 pm

STV, and hitting 60 in general, is a rite of passage on a PVP server. =P
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Spottedcow » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Coreborn wrote:Stranglethorn is nothing. The real ganking didnt happan before you where 50+,
and started to quest in western plaguelands and burning steppes.

This. StV pissed me off, but Searing Gorge was so bad that I just gave up entirely and ground through instances for several levels until Un'Goro. Waltz through BRM sometime, the skeletons are so numerous that you can see more bones than ground.

I did find it amusing where our pvp server troll implied that griefing would be worse because there would be no one around to protect lowbies from having their npc's killed. It's a perfect mirror of the "only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun argument" and it works about as well in the real world.
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion