So I Just Hit Stranglethorn...

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: So I Just Hit Stranglethorn...

by MasterQuaster » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:10 am

YouAreDoomed wrote:
MasterQuaster wrote:Yes thanks bro! At least you got it :) I am the hardest of the hards!

Nope. You're definitely far from it. Typical hardhearted response from a person like you, BTW. Weak is the word that you are looking for. Not saying all PVPers(I'm a PVPer myself) are sadistic, but there are some out there. It's pretty despicable to grief & camp players all day and all night.

Some players don't find it fun be camped. Some players don't find it fun to do corpse runs repeatedly. Some people prefer to quest in peace. Some players prefer BGS. I prefer BGS. WPVP is just a another word for gank fest. Not worth it. Keep crying on the PVE forums. :P

I hust hear mimimimimi. Dude go to Sheldon Cooper and take a lesson in sarcasm.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Whisperwind » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 am

We all have our reasons, but hitting STV and the memories of the how crappy it was back in vanilla on a pvp server... no thank you. I'd like to actually experience the questing aspect of the game and not deal with the un-needed ganking by high level toons that you have no defense against. I don't mind a fair or even close to fair fight... But a skull that is nothing but griefing. If you prefer pvp then play on the pvp server, let those of us that enjoy the pve aspect enjoy the game how we wish and stop getting butthurt because you won't be able to endlessly gank people to the current degree on the pvp server anymore.
Whisperwind
Private
Private

by IAMSADWARVENS » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:47 pm

On the PvP server STV wasnt even an issue, you can easily skip the place entirely and level/grind in different zones
Iamsahunter: Level 60 Orc Hunter
Iamsawarlock: Level 31 Undead Warcock
IAMSADWARVENS
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by deathjester696 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 am

IAMSADWARVENS wrote:On the PvP server STV wasnt even an issue, you can easily skip the place entirely and level/grind in different zones

Depends when you leveled and what faction and what class. Want to know why people did not attack you much if they were similar level? You are a hunter. You are not perceived as an "easy target", especially with orc stun resistance (rogues). When I leveled (and I started on this realm late and that is one reason I am moving to the PVE realm) my mage I was literally attacked by an undead rogue in every zone like clockwork every few minutes.

It just got to be ridiculous. Not because I was dying (besides all the idiot level 60's killing low level players), I leveled as frost and I could beat them pretty easily (I would say 19 out of 20 rogues do not even know to gouge a blink after their cheapshot). It just got to be stupid. Could not pull a mob unless I was high on mana. Could not use mage armor so mana regen sucked.

World pvp is not even fun in WoW unless you are same level, certain specs where skill can actually matter in a "kind of" even match up, similarly geared, and have cooldowns (this rarely happens). Only a few specs excel at it (the class I played would be one), and the game is horribly balanced for 1 v 1. The classes people rolled (hello rogues) is horribly imbalanced on the PvP server for a reason. People have these rose tinted glasses about "world pvp", and the only reason we really world pvp'd a ton back then? We had no BG's in early retail WoW. Also there was not CLOSE to as many players on one server, or players this toxic (killing lowbies). Other than that? We fought over a mining node, herb, quest objective.

Leveling in vanilla takes a long time. The game really starts at 60 with BG/ranking and Raids. Prolonging that long, monotonous grind is a waste of time. Killing classes you easily counter is a waste of time. WTF is a warrior supposed to do if a mage opens on him when he is engaged with a mob, and even not engaged with a mob (counterspell his charge and he has to use intercept, blink and /laugh). I did not blame the warriors for charging me on site. If they didn't they probably thought they were going to get kited into oblivion because of all the other mages leveling that got a cheap kill. I usually sheeped them and went on my way and they probably said a silent thank you.

Also? Defending lowbies in a guild from horrible players that are killing them is a waste of time.Time that could be spent running promising tanks/healers or pvp players through dungeons. Making engineering bombs to 1v1 certain classes, in a half arse duel (only a handful of players try to make sure it is as fair as can be) is a waste of time. That time could be spent engaging in more competitive BG pvp and wasting money where you can actually earn honor, leveling an alt. PVE Raids vs PVE Raids is a waste of time, because many pve specs absolutely suck in pvp. Oh how cool I am going to arcane power frosbolt you to death with no shatter combos....What fun! Even better when you are stuck in a raid spec (respeccing ain't cheap) that sucks in pvp, fighting against someone with a pvp spec. Da heck is a arcane frost mage gonna do against a 17/0/34 frostmage...Or a combat rogue vs a swords hemo rogue, and the list goes on and on. Sorry but "world pvp" in vanilla sucked. Duels were great, BG's were great, raid/progression was great. Maybe if there was dual spec, maybe if you entered a lower level zone you were downranked in level and gear (see Guild Wars 2). Without all these things? World pvp was a joke.

Oh and for the record? I would have rather played a rogue, because I love the class. It was just stupidly popular due to "world pvp". I also only rolled alliance (I hate the faction) because I read Alliance needed more players. Steamrolling people on a class that can choose when to open, pick their fights and can win easily is not fun to me. In a BG? Rogue is fun. Yup they are a great 1v1 class. Nope they are not close to overpowered in a group setting.
deathjester696
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion