TBC transfer; PvE late to the party?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

TBC transfer; PvE late to the party?

by Ellmo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am

When the TBC server opens you can get a character transfer, will the PvE server have a chance to finish NAXX before this ?
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: TBC transfer; PvE late to the party?

by Sethzer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 am

Why wouldn't it?
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Moozer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:52 am

Unless they, for whatever reason, feel the need to boost their timeline with the PvE patches, the PvE server will always be behind the PvP one. But even if you don't finish it, i imagine the vanilla code will be included for their TBC server, so you can go back and do it when you need maybe 10 less people.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

by Ellmo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Because they might decide to release the TBC server when the PvP server is finished with content and if they do that then the PvE server will be behind by 6 or so months
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Killstick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't think switching to TBC is gonna be as easy as applying a vanilla patch. I would suspect a rather large amount of time after the naxx patch before the TBC release (if it ever comes). PVE realm will have caught up with the PVP realm atleast
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TOVAR » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:09 pm

PvP and PvE realms will be unrelated, character transfer will not be possible. How could then, one realm be 'behind' the other, or need to 'catch up"? What's the point? How much are both realms 'behind' retail WoW then?
What if Nostalrius begins launched 2 years ago? How far 'behind' would the new PvE server be? Would it be able to 'catch up' ever? It's silly.
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:16 pm

TOVAR wrote:PvP and PvE realms will be unrelated, character transfer will not be possible. How could then, one realm be 'behind' the other, or need to 'catch up"? What's the point? How much are both realms 'behind' retail WoW then?

Both servers start on 1.4 patch. PvP is currently on patch 1.6. By the time pve is on 1.6, I'm sure pvp will be on 1.8 or so.
As far as the TBC server goes, I'm pretty positive that they will release it only after both servers have cleared all content through patch 1.12.1
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion