The PvP Initiative

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

The PvP Initiative

by pita » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:00 pm

First of all I would like to thank for this new upcoming realm.

After browsing the PvE thread I have come to realize that not all the players are moving for the same reason.
While some are happy to be over with the corpse run caused by the oposite faction,
others simply want a less populated realm. A lot are drawn to the idea of a fresh start (me amongest them),
and those who just want to Control when to PvP and when to PvE. (or any other reasons)

I would like to suggest for players who want to Flag On their pvp option to join me this (even if not constantly).
I believe this could draw more players who wants to participate in this new realm but are afraid it might not spark their bloody pvp eyes.

This will not harm the pve players, might even help. The people who will put effort and time into this will lighten the pressure on quest mobs and artifact collected. PvE flag will make sure you are safe (from players that is).
will also prevent "those" players from coming up with cunning ways in order to force pvp on others.

I belive this Initiative could be improved with your ideas and support. Show your intrest and help us embark on an adventure which is a bit more dangerous.

edit:
help us balance the teams :) vote who's side will you join on the battlegrounds (if you do intend to join)
http://goo.gl/E3DFct
Last edited by pita on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

Re: The PvP Initiative

by landizz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:49 pm

I think we should point out PVP "hotspots". Places where if you wanna wpvp you can.

Ex. We can say that W and E plaugelands is considered hotspots, then this is where you would find others that want to pvp.

I'm not saying we should carve it in stone but plaugelands is a good spot. Close for each faction, high leveled zone.

Just an idea.
landizz
Tester

by TheBigTwig » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

I will be flagged quite often I would like to think.
TheBigTwig
Sergeant
Sergeant

by pita » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Hot spots is a good idea, but mostly at 60.
I also want to hope people will be flagged while leveling so we can experience it through leveling.

Its kind of hard to accomplish but knowing the Horde : Alliance ratio of people who intened to flag PvP On
will help us balance the teams :)

My thoughts was to go alliance as I think the horde is more PvP dedicated people which means more action for me.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Rec » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 pm

the hotspots are in the battlegrounds
Rec
Grunt
Grunt

by Noselacri » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm more interested in a Healthy BG Initiative. World PvP will never really catch on, many players will be coming to the PvE server specifically to avoid that. However, a concerted effort to help the BG scene thrive would be fantastic, because the PvP server really lacks this.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by pita » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:06 am

I agree with you, we should also try to balance the people who intend to join battlegrounds so we wont get one faction with low amount of players on the team and the other full and even more in endless que which can eliminate all pvp activity.
for that I think the most efficient idea will be to try and measure (even just a large enough sample) of the people who will be active on the scene so people will know which sides is lacking or overpopulated.

those people if possible will also (I hope) flag on while leveling :)

maybe we should move it to a new thread to be more noticable

http://goo.gl/E3DFct
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 am

Roleplaying is strong with these posters.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Shad0wsong » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:01 am

New BG's can be a lot of fun.

By new, I mean in the first few days. It's about the only time in a server's life span that low level teens or 20's can go in wearing a mix of gray, white and green gear, and still have a good chance to win. (If you hit level 10 on the first day and had Hogger's staff - you were nearly a twink! :lol: )
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by hakuyi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:35 am

I will probably be flagged as much as possible so I at least can feel a bit of suspense while leveling. I am in favour of pvp designated zones endgame; people who dont wish to join simple dont need to join, it won't impact pve players.
hakuyi
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion