The PvP Initiative

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: The PvP Initiative

by landizz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Shad0wsong wrote:New BG's can be a lot of fun.

Niko wrote:Roleplaying is strong with these posters.

These posts gave me an idea. Why not create new battlegrounds? Let's say somewhere in azshara two teams of horde and alliance meet up and fight in a all new battleground mode.

CHASE THE BEAR!

Two teams of 10 players each, excluding 1 druid each (the teams could be made smaller if needed or bigger). The two teams line up like a rugby team sort of, both with their druid in bear form standing behind. The goal is to kill the other teams bear.

RULES:
- Strategic formation of the team is allowed.
-Hunters may only put hunter's mark on enemy bear and before the battle begins.
-All players in the battle must remain in the selected battle area.
-The team that kills the enemy bear first wins.

Other than that it's free for all, meaning pots, food, spells, etc.

This is just a thought that came to me while I read those posts.
landizz
Tester

by Coreborn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Sure there will be pvp on the pve server. We are gonna make the pvp server crowd jealous. Easy peacy.
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Poppers » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm hoping to see PvP going on in Hillsbrad often, at least before the battlegrounds release. Even on my original PvE server, there was a ton of action with flagged players fighting almost all day and night in Hillsbrad. That would be an excellent nostalgic and fun way to start getting some honor before BGs open.
Poppers
Private
Private

by pita » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:22 pm

PvP in hillsbrad is nice but Battlgrounds will be open at launch,
However if we, the people who intend to level with our flag on, decide that we level in Hillsbrad/STV and not in similar quest level zones, I believe we will encounter each other more.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Poppers » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:21 pm

pita wrote:PvP in hillsbrad is nice but Battlgrounds will be open at launch,
However if we, the people who intend to level with our flag on, decide that we level in Hillsbrad/STV and not in similar quest level zones, I believe we will encounter each other more.

I thought the server would start at 1.4? That's when the honor system came out, but battlegrounds released in 1.5. I apologize if I heard wrong.
Poppers
Private
Private

by pita » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Poppers wrote:
pita wrote:PvP in hillsbrad is nice but Battlgrounds will be open at launch,

I thought the server would start at 1.4? That's when the honor system came out, but battlegrounds released in 1.5. I apologize if I heard wrong.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

To summarize, what will be available at launch :
Dungeons : Ragefire Chasm, Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Blackfathom Deeps, The Stockade, Gnomeregan, Scarlet Monastery, Razorfen Kraul, Uldaman, Scholomance, Razorfen Downs, Stratholme, Zul'Farrak, Temple of Atal'Hakkar, Blackrock Depths, Maraudon, Lower Black Rock Spire.
PVP : Warsong, Arathi Basin, PvP honor system
Raids : UBRS, Onyxia, Molten Core (including possible drop of [Talisman of Binding Shard]*)

thats what i know :D
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Poppers » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:47 pm

pita wrote:https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

To summarize, what will be available at launch :
Dungeons : Ragefire Chasm, Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Blackfathom Deeps, The Stockade, Gnomeregan, Scarlet Monastery, Razorfen Kraul, Uldaman, Scholomance, Razorfen Downs, Stratholme, Zul'Farrak, Temple of Atal'Hakkar, Blackrock Depths, Maraudon, Lower Black Rock Spire.
PVP : Warsong, Arathi Basin, PvP honor system
Raids : UBRS, Onyxia, Molten Core (including possible drop of [Talisman of Binding Shard]*)

thats what i know :D

Alright thanks, that sounds good. I hope some people still want to do world PvP. I really enjoyed the Southshore vs Tarren Mill chaotic battles before battlegrounds released.
Poppers
Private
Private

by MrDiap » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:49 am

Since tons of RPers moving to the new server I bet there would be a world events involving battles. That's where WPvP will shine on PvE server.
MrDiap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fimiam » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Good Point
Fimiam
Private
Private

by Mistral » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:51 pm

i just hope leveling battlegrounds are active, need to get rank 3 asap for that global discount.
Mistral
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion