Will Dire maul north have the same changes?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Will Dire maul north have the same changes?

by pita » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:16 am

Ziphr wrote:Im actually looking forward to this now
There will be plenty of reasons to run DM:N on a fresh realm and extra challenge to me makes it more rewarding as well ^^

Well DM wont be open on launch (a month after Mc/Ony is cleared) so you will have time to gear towards this new epic encounter with the upgraded gordok king :D

I guess once its open tribute runs will be a big hit.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by DeeMarie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:09 pm

TOVAR wrote:Atre those exploits 'blizzlike"? Yes they are. Are they lame? Yes they are.They offer your class an unfair advantage over other clases/builds.

You do realise classic is one of the most unbalanced versions class-wise. Blizzard homogenised in later versions, which is why private servers exist. Rogues can do things hunters can't, mages can aoe farm in a way other classes can't, complaining about this is why we ended up with a pretty poor DM fix that screws over groups.

If I wanted my class to be unable to do all the fun stuff I did on live back then, I'd just go play live right now ;)
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pita » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:46 pm

DeeMarie wrote:
You do realise classic is one of the most unbalanced versions class-wise. Blizzard homogenised in later versions, which is why private servers exist. Rogues can do things hunters can't, mages can aoe farm in a way other classes can't, complaining about this is why we ended up with a pretty poor DM fix that screws over groups.

If I wanted my class to be unable to do all the fun stuff I did on live back then, I'd just go play live right now ;)

Classic is a true RPG. Each class has its own role and should not overlap much with eachother so you will force diversity, of course its not balanced, each has pros and cons but...

a dungeons which is soloable by a certain class (and not a low level one) is an exploit NOT a special trait which makes a class unique, they didnt let paladins solo kazzak and we shouldnt let hunters solo DM.
It is hard creating such a massive system of spells and classes in a virtual enviroment which makes exploits appear, calling them "classic" or "specialy of a certain class" is foolish.
this exploit is less "deadly" but still have a negative effect and there is no reason why it should not be removed.

complaining about it was the right thing to do. trashing the economy and forcing people go on ughh.. reserved Orb runs/ tanking for money or any other methode in order to survive this inflation is what makes the server sick.
If the fix is not to your liking you can complain, funny enough the fix making the gordok king more of a challegne align with the rpg basics, dugenons should be hard, if its too hard, complain about that.

The fix just showes you, they rather have a slightly harder dungeon than deal with the reproctions of enabling solo farm to this instance.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by stimz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:48 pm

DeeMarie wrote:
TOVAR wrote:Atre those exploits 'blizzlike"? Yes they are. Are they lame? Yes they are.They offer your class an unfair advantage over other clases/builds.

Yeah, cause everyone wants to make a MF sorc in vanilla WoW.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DeeMarie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:17 pm

pita wrote:Classic is a true RPG. Each class has its own role and should not overlap much with eachother so you will force diversity, of course its not balanced, each has pros and cons but...

a dungeons which is soloable by a certain class (and not a low level one) is an exploit NOT a special trait which makes a class unique, they didnt let paladins solo kazzak and we shouldnt let hunters solo DM.

I don't think you can really compare a raid boss to a dungeon boss, although we did have the 'kite to Vael's room' on live whereby hunters could slowly burn down an almost dead boss using their skills. Back then it was considered a feat, here on Nos it would be considered an exploit. For some reason I find that sad :(

p.s Hunters didn't trash the economy, 8k players did and lack of resources, long before DM came out. That and people coffer farming for 100g an hour in the early days ^^
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pita » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:39 pm

If something is done by a single person it might be called a feat and not have an impact on a large population.
Most hunters can solo DM N... I dont see how doing something your entire class is capble of (player wise) is a feat.
I said its "less deadly" I did not compare between the two, just between the act of soloing.
If most hunters chose to farm DM N (and alot did in the pvp realm even went and took enginering just for that)
than it must be profitable.

farming resources in the designed way is different than farming money, simply adding money in a fast pace will cause an inflation. players who will normally farm 50% of a hunter's income (in a different methode) will now farm 25% or even less making them put the hours you save using dm N or more into farming in order to match up which is actually a DOUBLE gap between the two of you.
The game was not meant for them to be slave to an inflation and will simply hurt them 1st, than the server and eventually even you.
People rarely look at it this way and its a pity.
To make an example: some class farming for resources, we all need, will now bring "less effective" money so he now has to farm even more up to the point the ratio of farming/playing will cause him to stop.
When people play the AH they dont add any extra money to the system (just to verify).

Ill add that a hunter is capble of farming better than most and always has the option to trade/gamble (which is not realy gambling if you put a little effort). Complaining about "not being able to makign shitloads of money" is a bit childish, pinning it on "it is how it meant to be" is even more.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion