Which should i roll on Nost?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Which should i roll on Nost?

by Rhook » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:21 am

Hey folks, i got a question.

So there are two PvE Servers launching, S. today and Nost in eight days. What improves Nost from this other server? What quality differences are there? Will the community be more mature then on the pvp server (where i stopped cause of the toxic people, not only gankers) ?
Just give me reasons why i should roll here since i could already start today. :)
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Which should i roll on Nost?

by Battlepug » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:36 am

Know product, bad/slow/vague communication from devs/admins, debatable ban history, Missing chair added in the house south of Darkshires, some Item/Quest issues linked with gradual "blizzlike" patch rollout.

VS

Unknown product, sofar good communication, no ban history yet, 1.12.1 Quests/Items from the start, gradual rollout of Raid Encounters.
Battlepug
Grunt
Grunt

by paparia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

multiboxing or multipla caracters played at the same time not alowed in nosta so no need to rage on ffs profesional farmers camping farming decent spots
paparia
Private
Private

by scol » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:06 am

That's a good question

I planned to roll on nost because it was the only pve option available when they started to talk about it.

But now that Stormrage is releasing their product I'm going on that one.
Because so far it looks way better than nost in terms of scripting (it's a rebooted project that had some pretty good reviews back then, and it has improved a lot, just take a look at their changelog it's quite impressive), their communication is good (so far), and the community looks good too (so far).

I just want to give that project a chance. If it fails, i'll roll on buggy nost.
scol
Tester

by Serico » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:37 am

A gaming community will always have some toxic players. Problem is, that they will most likely occupy your head more than all the nice players. These toxic players tend to make more noise. And the bigger the community is, the more toxic people will be present.

Leaving one server for the other in the hopes of encountering less toxic people will probably not work. I didn't play on the Nostalrius PvP server, but I've spend enough time on the internet to tell you that there will always be trolls.
What I meant to say is: Don't let some foul apples spoil the bunch. Don't decide based on the subjectively measured "toxicity" of a community. Fewer people on Stormage leads to fewer trolls and thus less toxicity. Once the community grows, more toxicity will be present. No guarantee for that, though.

What I see are two very alike servers. Both seem to have the same philosophy in terms of "fresh start" and "gradually released content". Both servers want to be "blizzlike". Both servers have developers that fix and alter the MaNGOS code.

You have to consider that communication gets more and more difficult for the server staff the bigger the community gets. The Nost stuff knows, that they are currently understaffed. That's why they want to hire more GMs.
Stormrage on the other hand has a community size that is more manageable. It's currently easier for them to answer to any question asked. I cannot say how the communication will change once the community grows, but it will change.

The community size will be the main difference at start.

Wait the initial period for both servers (a few weeks) and then decide. Play on both during this phase. After this point you may know which server is buggier, laggier or over/underpopulated.

Remember that Nostalrius has shown that its server can hold thousands of online players at once. What if Stormrage's server will start crashing the moment more than 1000 people are online at the same time? A lot of things about Stormrage are uncertain.

But oh well... I got a 75€ Speedlink gaming mouse that is capable of emulating hardware input through makros. I guess I might be a botter then... Maybe I won't even have a choice when it comes to the server I play on...

I will still give both a chance.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

by Coreborn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 am

Play on Nostalrius :idea:
Last edited by Coreborn on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:42 pm

incredible how people still don't understand the huge difference of scripting for 1k players compared to scripting for 8k players. The default mangos core supports 1k players without problems, performance improvements (and all that goes along with this) takes way more skill than quest scripting or similar
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by GlassGhost » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:29 pm

have any1 played on previous stormrage server?
i havent seen it, so it dificult to say how good it would be
Last edited by GlassGhost on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlassGhost
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Neversober » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Will Nost upgrade to TBC?
Stormrage plans to and this is making me not want to roll there now.

I want to play on a Vanilla Server that plans on sticking to Vanilla.
Neversober
Tester

by Orc_Hunter » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 pm

1. Nost will have a much higher population. This is important to me.

2. Nost has proven themselves to be pretty damn capable in the 7+ months they've been running.

3. The other server allows multi-boxing... no thanks.

That said, I will probably check in at the other servers launch just to help kill some time for the next week while we wait for Nost PvE.

And as to the "toxic" players thing. Don't kid yourself into thinking that new server will be a magical land where everyone is friendly. The only reason you encounter so many jerks on Nost is because the population is so ridiculously high. I've met plenty of awesome people on Nost, and I'm sick of the "toxic" nonsense being thrown around.
Last edited by Orc_Hunter on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion