Mining/herbalism concerns

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Mining/herbalism concerns

by hakuyi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:01 am

Hello anxious people. One week left, almost there.

I am making this thread to express my concerns concerning the availability of veins and herbs during and shortly after launch. As a miner myself I even had trouble on the pvp server finding a vein (especially copper) and that was 5 months in. Even with derouting I found one vein average per level for the levels 5-12 (Silverpine Forest had a much better copper vein spawn rate).

My question is, do you think it is even worth picking up mining (and for those interested, herbalism) as I am afraid there will be hardly any nodes since the server will be packed with hundreds of low level players. My concern is my mining skill will start to lag behind at some point and the veins I need will be no longer available. What is your take on this, everyone?
hakuyi
Private
Private

Re: Mining/herbalism concerns

by pita » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:06 pm

If you want to be a miner or use mining materials for professions you should (for example engineering, than drop)
as a money making profession i wouldnt count on it. herbalisem mats are used for consumables mostly that means they are always on high demand (more in pvp realms i guess) which makes them higher in price (especially when raids come out and people are obligated to bring them, so also in pve but in later stages).

As for lagging on your gathring professions which depends on veins/flowers spawn. you will, all you need to do is to make sure you catch up while leveling so you wont miss the next level type. On the pvp realm I just found good routes and for each zone I went for about 2 extra rounds (as a blacksmither i needed more than to just level my mining). It was pretty easy as mining also trained by smelting the ores, herbalizem require a bit more dedication in my opinion.
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by hakuyi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:30 pm

I will be needing the veins for engineering. Gathering enough ores before going into a new zones and having too high lvl ores there was a chore. I remembered being more excited about seeing a yellow dot on my map than leveling up. On a different character with engineering I would buy enough ores to smelt till grey levels so I wouldnt need to mine so many veins myself to level mining. I am worried that on launch day and the days after the availability of veins will be even less and I am wondering if hunting for veins at 60 with a mount isnt a smarter thing to do instead.
hakuyi
Private
Private

by Xaqshnr » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:59 pm

hakuyi wrote:I am worried that on launch day and the days after the availability of veins will be even less and I am wondering if hunting for veins at 60 with a mount isn't a smarter thing to do instead.

That may indeed be the case... but if you go ahead pick up mining while you are leveling then you could still hit the nodes you find while questing/waiting for quest mob/item spawns. Who knows you may get lucky and find a few. Someone is going to harvest them and that someone may just be you this time around. If you get to 60 and still haven't maxed out your mining then at least you will have a head start already.
Xaqshnr
Tester

by Mistral » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 pm

I dont think the nodes will be that big of a problem here. Afterall the pve server will be noticably smaller pop then the pvp one. There will be some fighting but im pretty sure its possible to have profs keep up with levels.
Mistral
Grunt
Grunt

by RosettaStoner » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Just get to 60 and do it in a day once you have a mount and no longer have to level up. ez
Respect is the name of almost every game.
RosettaStoner
Sergeant
Sergeant

by PageGaming » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:15 pm

I think the limit of players online will really help this. That's why I'm in favor of it and hope it stays, yes it will be a pain and some might leave because of it but ultimately it will save the PvE server all the problems of the PvP server.
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zadoose » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 am

i thought they changed the limit to 10k during the kryll event
zadoose
Private
Private

by Pokeypointy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:18 am

zadoose wrote:i thought they changed the limit to 10k during the kryll event

10k for the whole system is the estimate capacity, pve is capped at 2,5k after the initial rush and the pvp server will not be capped but expected to peak at around 7,5k, which it has for 2 weeks now with the rare occasion of 8k+ on sundays.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kazy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:00 pm

They have quite clearly stated that they are going to lift the cap on the PvE server for a while if queuing becomes an issue.
Kazy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion