Warlock or rogue? (pvp-pve)

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Warlock or rogue? (pvp-pve)

by sempiternus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:23 am

Hi there everyone, i'm new on Nostaltrius, and since i'm going to play on the pve server, it's much easier to choose the class i want to level (no ganking, even though you can Wpvp if you decide to get flagged). But i'm really having a hard time deciding :

Alliance rogue :
pros :
- human race = combat sword = 3 button rotation in pve since sinister strike is only 40 energy with the proper talents (but slice and dice prioritiy ofc), which is more interesting than spamming one button (casters)
-nice in pvp at all levels of gear
-great dps in pve
-good 1v1

cons :
-leveling is a bit slow at the beginning
-everything depends on the way you engage in pvp
-in pve, rogues are one of the least demanded classes, since everyone plays one
-in group pvp, casters like mages and locks are often better than rogues with BIS gear

Horde warlock:
pros :
-great at leveling
-no WOTF to counter your class on the other side, pvp wise (and Orc is actually a great warlock pvp race)
-fun playstyle in pvp (in my taste) and while leveling
-great in pvp once you have some gear (both 1v1 and in group)
-very demanded class
-also great dps once you reach aq40

cons :
-spammy in pve (like the other casters) which worries me
-won't dare to make one in the alliance side, WOTF has been way too traumatizing (even though there won't be any ganking)

I guess that's it, those are the reasons i'm having a hard time choosing. If you guys have any advice on the matter, i'll take it.

Thank you
NB : i haven't been playing for a loooooong time, which is why i'm asking, plus i don't know how nost scripting is for both classes
sempiternus
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Warlock or rogue? (pvp-pve)

by i214chess » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:02 am

You should just reroll a warlock AND a rogue but make them on the PvP server so I can enjoy crushing your face.

What did you say your name was going to be ingame? I just gotta know so I can add you to my Kill on Sight list -- OPIUM FTW!!

p.s. - i favor picking the least played class, run the addon called "census" and pick whichever has lower percentage. currently, the warlock is about 10-11% on Horde right now...Rogue is 12-13%
i214chess
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 am

-very demanded class

The class poll had tons of votes for warlock on both factions. I figured it was just someone fucking with the votes, but then I joined a guild via their website, and out of their 18 members so far, there's 6 warlocks. Not sure what's going on. Looks like there's gonna be a shitload of warlocks for whatever reason. Maybe everyone had the same idea that the class would be in high demand. Seems like it won't.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by GlassGhost » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am

there will be a shitload of all classes =)
so just chose what you like more
GlassGhost
Sergeant
Sergeant

by troutblock » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:21 am

Larsen wrote:
-very demanded class

The class poll had tons of votes for warlock on both factions. I figured it was just someone fucking with the votes, but then I joined a guild via their website, and out of their 18 members so far, there's 6 warlocks. Not sure what's going on. Looks like there's gonna be a shitload of warlocks for whatever reason. Maybe everyone had the same idea that the class would be in high demand. Seems like it won't.

There will be a lot less rogues on the PVE server (for obvious reasons), which has the knock on effect of encouraging people to play warlocks
troutblock
Grunt
Grunt

by BoxerBriefly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:10 pm

GlassGhost wrote:there will be a shitload of all classes =)
so just chose what you like more

100% this^
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Serico » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 pm

From what you write you want to play a warlock. Just do it. Love the mount quest. However in raids and dungeons I am also not the type who likes ranged dps. Or dps at all.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion