Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

by VideoGameKarp » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:49 pm

My view is that they will because of the large area and high number of spread out mobs in the 1-6 area as well as plenty of hidden away grinding spots in the 6-10 area. This combined with the lower class pool and the fact that they don't share the starting zone with another race, should result in lower numbers in that area.
This gives Tauren a high chance to tag mobs early on and try to get a jump on everyone else to reach large quest hubs like the crossroads.

What are your views, tricks and experiences?

When Barthilas opened I played an orc warlock and I managed to get lucky with some tags, moved to 6-10 area at level 4 (after training) to kill some lvl5 scorpids and managed to stay ahead of the pack in durotar, I would kill absolutely anything that had a yellow level after that, no matter what and i managed to get first to lvl20.. But the tagging to get me to level 4 was pure luck, so i wouldn't like my chances if i tried it again in the Orc/Troll starting area. I was tagging up near Sarkoth and I think that the only quest i got done was the boars before abandoning the rest when i left at level 4.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZKYL2 ... T_pdjT9zEg
twitch.tv/videogamekarp
Horde
Druid lvl 23(Server First Druid 20)|Rogue lvl 11|Shaman lvl 10|Priest lvl 9|Warlock lvl 8
Alliance
Hunter lvl 16|Paladin lvl 12|Mage lvl 10|Warrior lvl 8
VideoGameKarp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

by Serico » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:50 am

The tauren starting area will be less populated, but still overpopulated. Even with a tauren starting population of around 10 at that stormy rager server I had problems getting my cougar pelts.

And that might be the problem at the very beginning (aside from all the walking): A lot of the tauren starting quests are not kill quests, but collect quests. While the drop rates are almost 100% (or even are 100%), you can't group up for these quests.

Maybe it is better to try to quickly and independently tag and kill 10 boars in a 5 man group in durotar.

I am not interesting in winning the race, though. I have no real experience with fresh servers. Just gave my two cents.
Serico
Grunt
Grunt

by Orc_Hunter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:04 am

Yes, I think the Tauren area will definitely be less crowded.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Acousticferret » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:16 am

I never understood the omg gotta be first 60 mentality
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aiushtha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:33 am

Acousticferret wrote:I never understood the omg gotta be first 60 mentality

People just don't want to miss the boat finding a good raid guild.
Aiushtha
Private
Private

by Larsen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

The lesser overpopulation is offset by it being a shitty area where you have to do a bunch of long-distance running. Also, a lot of the quests are for mob drops and ground pickups so people will decline party invites.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Moozer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:41 am

Probably not. Tauren are still a popular race, Trolls are the least popular, but they share their starting zone with Orcs anyway.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

by BoxerBriefly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 pm

VideoGameKarp wrote: Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

Perhaps. But, I wouldn't choose my race based on what has the greatest potential of getting out of the starting zone the fastest, unless, you're going to be racing for server first level sixty. If not, I would just choose the race I liked the best, because, if it's to be your main, you're going to be playing it a lot, and you don't want to start having regrets at level sixity. Also, around level 20 or so, it's not going to matter as much because the population will be spread out somewhat more, and questing should be a bit smoother :D
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shimmerleaf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 pm

It matters little to me whether the starting areas will be overpopulated or not. I can be patient, even if it means having trouble completing quests sometimes. It is worth it to me simply being able to play and enjoy the game. I have never had a desire to reach the maximum level as quickly as possible; to me, that takes away a lot of the fun and enjoyment from the leveling experience. I want to slow down and take my time, so that when I do reach level 60, I will look back on the journey I made and feel satisfaction from it.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by GlassGhost » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:48 pm

during test in august - there was a lot of taurens in start zone, not so big as human but still it was hard to do any quests =)
GlassGhost
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion