2500 Player Cap ? Only for start ? How long ?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

2500 Player Cap ? Only for start ? How long ?

by Veydron » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:38 am

I have read that the new server starts with a player max cap of 2500 People...

So is this only a few Days or weeks ? or permanent ?
More players mean more AH/faster BGs/more friends to meet...
Veydron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 2500 Player Cap ? Only for start ? How long ?

by VideoGameKarp » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 am

Hey Veydron.

I think that the cap is because of hardware capabilities. The total combined cap for both realms will be 10k I think i've heard somewhere.

Also i've heard mention of the 2.5k being raised at launch. But i can't confirm either for you sorry.

Having a cap will mean that players can actually leave the lvl1 to 6 area in the first 5 hours too :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZKYL2 ... T_pdjT9zEg
twitch.tv/videogamekarp
Horde
Druid lvl 23(Server First Druid 20)|Rogue lvl 11|Shaman lvl 10|Priest lvl 9|Warlock lvl 8
Alliance
Hunter lvl 16|Paladin lvl 12|Mage lvl 10|Warrior lvl 8
VideoGameKarp
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Viorus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:12 am

link to proof please. this idea would be dumb.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Azgabast » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:17 am

Mate they said so when they announced the realm. Also, a lower pop cap would be needed unless they would fasten herb/mineral respawn. When the end-game stuff gets released ( Naxx, AQ40), everybody will most likely need to use flasks, and if you have such a huge pop with low herb respawns it will be a pain. This is why I'm probably rerolling from the PVP server (leaving ganking aside).
'Perhaps you should find your own answers.'
Azgabast
Private
Private

by Maymoon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:39 am

Only good reason for population cap would be to evade overpopulation in starting zones (as we know they will raise cap specificaly for it, this is not reason) or hardware limitation.
All other problems can be easily be resolved with few tweaks and in the long run cap will only be detrimental for realm as more people will leave for far better populated pvp realm without queues, where bgs pop all the time and you dont have to wait hour to find pug for dungeon.
And for blizzlike 2500 players cap can anyone provide source for that, because from what i heard cap was there only for first few patches
Maymoon
Tester

by BoxerBriefly » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Nostalrius has stated that, they'll be temporarily lifting the restriction, at launch, but, as far as we know, it will return sometime afterward.
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shadowfox » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:38 pm

BoxerBriefly wrote:Nostalrius has stated that, they'll be temporarily lifting the restriction, at launch, but, as far as we know, it will return sometime afterward.

Oh? Thanks for the info. Good thinking on their part, imo.

Very happy they did not decide to ditch the cap completely; it's a big selling point for many.
Shadowfox
Private
Private

by Magnifican » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Any link to where this is stated? It still causes alot of confusion and it shouldnt be to hard to find official statements on this. The restiction is not on launch but will be implemented later? So we can get 3k+ people at launch? Boy those starting zones....
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Moozer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Magnifican wrote:Any link to where this is stated? It still causes alot of confusion and it shouldnt be to hard to find official statements on this. The restiction is not on launch but will be implemented later? So we can get 3k+ people at launch? Boy those starting zones....

They want to ensure new players who want to try it out can. Otherwise they'll be driven away purely because current members have taken up all slots. I imagine they might adjust the cap depending on popularity, as it's no good if we get a constant 3k since they'll then be locking out players.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

by TwinHeadedKraken » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:21 pm

During server opening, queue limit might be adapted to allow curious players to login without impacting players wanting to settle down here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23695

This second realm will benefit from all the upgrades applied on the current PvP server since its release, including general fixes, bug abuse fixes, anti-cheat features, and other automated systems making players' experience as delightful as possible while protected by mature and efficient-proved algorithms against exploiters. This server population will be limited to 2,500 players with a queue; it will be the same limitation as official retail servers back in 2006.

Regarding content release, it will follow the same timeline as the PvP server. Character transfers from the PvP realm will never be possible. As a consequence, players will be able to relive a new fresh server start: a rare and tremendous moment for everyone

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20231

If you guys think there is going to be a lack of population on the PvE server because of a queue, well, you've never played regular retail because they were all vibrant with great populations. The PvP server is overpopulated, let's be real, and it's a shit storm in regards to professions and gank camping. Seriously, it's not going to be a bad thing, it's going to be a good thing. If the population is seriously out of control, I have faith in the Nost staff to make a good call on what to do, they've done a kick ass job so far (regardless of the whiny bitches)
TwinHeadedKraken
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion