Multiboxing PvE and PvP allowed?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Multiboxing PvE and PvP allowed?

by kaba » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:13 am

I just wanted to clarify whether playing on the PvE and PvP realm simultaneously is considered unlawful multiboxing or not.

The ToU mentions "the Game" which is never clearly defined. It might even disallow playing on another private server like Kronos at the same time, if "the Game" equals Vanilla WoW.

ToU wrote:VI. Multiboxing

Multiboxing refers to playing multiple characters simultaneously. This can either be achieved by using multiple machines to run the Game or by running multiple instances of the Game. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and using multiple characters to level, farm reputation, run dungeons, do raids and/or engage in PVP is considered Multiboxing. Each case of Multiboxing will be judged individually and thoroughly. There are a few specific situations where you may have two characters in-game simultaneously:

Transferring items between accounts;
Using professions, as long as no farming or material gathering is involved;
Crafting, enchanting, banking and/or for trading purposes that does not include the Auction House.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Multiboxing PvE and PvP allowed?

by lemmingstab » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:53 am

Its self explanatory, you may not, pvp, quest, farm honour, or boost low lever characters through dungeons or zones.

You can, trade materials between characters for professions and banking instead of using the mail.

Pretty restrictive, but there you go.
lemmingstab
Tester

by Mezamorphis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 am

You can't multibox here , the reason is that while on blizz you have to pay for each subscription to have the chars here you can make a hundred and multibox them all
Mezamorphis
Tester

by kaba » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:52 am

Mezamorphis wrote:You can't multibox here , the reason is that while on blizz you have to pay for each subscription to have the chars here you can make a hundred and multibox them all

My question is rather about what scope "here" is. Is it one realm? Or is it all realms?
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Warmani » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:52 am

Mezamorphis wrote:You can't multibox here , the reason is that while on blizz you have to pay for each subscription to have the chars here you can make a hundred and multibox them all

Think you misread the OP post.

OP asks if it is allowed to play a character on the PvP server at the same time as playing one on the PvE server.
Since it's two different servers and they don't (and cannot) help each other in any way, I don't think it is a problem.

But if your setup would allow the 2 characters to simultaniously grind the same mobs/instance (would be hard because mobs patrol differently on both servers i suppose) or gather herb/mining nodes I think it could be considered multiboxing. So from the same IP (maybe) one could be mining veins, while another tries to mine the same location on the other server (where there might or might not be a mining node available)
Warmani
Private
Private

by kaba » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:00 am

Warmani wrote:But if your setup would allow the 2 characters to simultaniously grind the same mobs/instance (would be hard because mobs patrol differently on both servers i suppose) or gather herb/mining nodes I think it could be considered multiboxing. So from the same IP (maybe) one could be mining veins, while another tries to mine the same location on the other server (where there might or might not be a mining node available)

What you're talking about sounds like some sort of automation which should be near impossible to perform.

I'm thinking more in the lines of doing some levling on the PvE server while queuing up for bgs/camping spawn points/trading in IF or ORG/etc etc on the PvP server.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by joshbpepper » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 am

kaba wrote:
Warmani wrote:But if your setup would allow the 2 characters to simultaniously grind the same mobs/instance (would be hard because mobs patrol differently on both servers i suppose) or gather herb/mining nodes I think it could be considered multiboxing. So from the same IP (maybe) one could be mining veins, while another tries to mine the same location on the other server (where there might or might not be a mining node available)

What you're talking about sounds like some sort of automation which should be near impossible to perform.

I'm thinking more in the lines of doing some levling on the PvE server while queuing up for bgs/camping spawn points/trading in IF or ORG/etc etc on the PvP server.

Well to clarify its not impossible, multiboxers that use 3rd party programs are making it so their actions are duplicated across multiple clients. It would just be hard since theyre on different realms. That's against ToS for sure but what youre asking is a good question.
joshbpepper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Warmani » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 am

kaba wrote:I'm thinking more in the lines of doing some levling on the PvE server while queuing up for bgs/camping spawn points/trading in IF or ORG/etc etc on the PvP server.

I believe, since it's 2 different unlinked realms, that should be possible and not against ToS.
It does not give you an unfair advantage, it's only a more efficient use of game time.
If they don't allow that, they should not allow you to go get a cup of coffee or pee break while queuing for a BG. ;)
Warmani
Private
Private

by Negatron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 pm

What constitutes "multiboxing" here seems pretty loose; I've had some RL friends take a good harassing from GMs claiming them to be multiboxers simply because they were using the follow function. I'd be careful, smells like itchy trigger finger on the ban button.
Negatron
Private
Private

by BoxerBriefly » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Going out on a limb here, but, I wouldn't think that playing single accounts, at the same time, on two distinctly different realms could constitute multiboxing, since, in order to multibox, you need to have two accounts open, simultaneously, on a single realm.
Cassadocious
BoxerBriefly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion