Is it really that hard to find dungeon groups?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Is it really that hard to find dungeon groups?

by ivoryraptor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:01 pm

join the site in the description of my signature or join here http://deathwatch.acedemy.shivtr.com/events and use the events ;)
Check out<Deathwatch> we are recruiting!
ivoryraptor
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Numerii » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:18 pm

It's only an issue at 60 atm because most people who are 60 are running with guildies so at best they are just looking to fill a slot or two that their guild and friends list couldn't. Once more people hit 60 that will likely change.
Numerii
Tester

by zmandude24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Your best option is to find an active guild since tanks are a pain to find.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Naeads » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:56 am

Xaeminos wrote:Lol. The younger generation is so spoiled when it comes to loot and looking for groups. Not letting people come to a group because of competition on a "roll"? 15-30 minute wait time for a tank? Try 3-4 hours back in the day.

Not letting people come to a group happens very rarely in my experience (and I main a rogue).

From most PUGs I see, if someone joins later who doesn't like the competition, he would voluntarily leave after nicely said goodbye. Or the first person who joined would just suck it up (usually me...)

Then we will /w amongst ourselves about loot arrangements afterwards -- who needs what most and pass what after, etc.

It is generally a very amenable attitude on the PVE server PUGs from what I have noticed. Of course there are a few thorns here and there occasionally, but that is the minority of the minority.
Naeads
Private
Private

by Uzephi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Numerii wrote: running with guildies so at best they are just looking to fill a slot or two that their guild and friends list couldn't.

This. Get in groups throughout your leveling experience. Show how good of a player and friendly you are. After the low level dungeon is done, be courteous and advise if they need your type (dps, tank, or heals) to hit you up. Back on Retail TBC, I would just log into my priest and have at least 3 whispers to join a heroic. I pretty much just had to choose which person I wanted to run with at the time and politely tell the others I was switching to help someone out already.

For my experience leveling here compared to the PVP server, getting a group is about the same between my play hours of mountain time (-0700 GMT). Some days I log in and see in world someone needs a healer, other times it might take 15-45mins. Albeit I haven't hit 60 yet on PVE though.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion