Few questions for a new player

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Few questions for a new player

by Anthilia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 am

Played Nost PVP a bit in the past but was never a big fan of pvp servers, wanted to give Nost PVE a bit of time to settle to make sure it would stick around and not fizzle out. Now that it's been around for a few months my girlfriend and myself are looking to start playing here and have a few questions before starting.

1.) We would like to raid but both have jobs that keep us pretty busy during the week so would like to be able to raid on the weekends if possible, which faction offers the best possibilities to do this?

1.5) Not so much a question but if any guild specifically raids on the weekend (we are EST but open to most times if they don't interfere with work) want to talk to us we are open!

2.) On retail we enjoyed playing a tank/healer combo and would like to do so again with the intentions of her going priest and myself being a warrior. Is it going to be hard getting into a raiding guild with these classes? If yes would it be recommended to ditch the tank/healer combo for more in demand roles or will it be a bit tougher but doable?

2.5) If going tank/healer isn't recommended what classes ARE recommended? We are pretty open to playing other classes just enjoy the ease of creating groups having the tank and healer already available but really want to be able to enjoy raiding.

3.) With the server being out for a while now I'm assuming most people playing have at least 1 level 60 is the leveling game still pretty populated all the way up making dungeons/groups possible to find at all levels or is it mostly at the high end that groups happen with leveling just being questing for the most part?

A bit of background: I've played since classic, raided MC, BWL, Ony, AQ20/40, ZG, and 6 bosses in Naxx on retail. Played a rogue in classic and am very good at maximizing my character and coming to raids prepared. Would love to be a tank and know I can perform the role exceptionally well if given the chance but willing to do any role needed to try to relive the fun I had in classic. As I've said my girlfriend hasn't played Classic, she started in WotLK but hoping this time around to get her to see how much fun classic was and have fun going through some of my favorite content with her!

We are hoping to experience all Classic WoW has to offer, so would love to get some help deciding which faction, class, and guild would fit best for our situation. Can't wait to get in the game and play with you all! Really appreciate any future responses.
Anthilia
Tester

Re: Few questions for a new player

by Enulla » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:55 am

Hello there!

1) Honestly, the alliance is a larger faction on this server, but I believe the number of raid guilds that run on weekends if about the same. I know of 2 or 3 on horde including ours. I can't speak 100% for alliance guilds though I'm afraid.

2) Priests are always in demand, for basically everything. Tanking would certainly help levelling up, but if you wanted to raid as a tank you may have a slightly more difficult time. There's certainly opportunities, but nearly any guild that's already raiding will have strong tanks already set up. That being said, if that's what you enjoy, don't let it deter you. You're best to play what you like, and try get into a guild that's starting to raid rather than one that's already fully established.

3) A bit of both worlds really. There's alot of 60's here, but we've recently had an influx of new player (Mainly escaping lag on the pvp server) so the lower zones are rather populated. Not to the point of being over-crowded, but you wont have trouble finding groups for quests or dungeons :)

Well, as I said already, play classes you'll enjoy playing, it's a long road to play something just to fit in. Warriors are possibly the least required at the moment, but with the new raid guilds springing up (On horde anyway, let me know if it's the same on alliance someone :P) you shouldn't have to much trouble either way.

But whatever you both decide to go with, welcome to the server :)

P.S Join the horde, we're cooler. ;)
Tempest Class Leader <PvE>
Enulla
Tester

by Anthilia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Bump, over 125 views and no opinions on anything? Would really love any/all help anyone on either faction could possibly give.
Anthilia
Tester

by Gunari » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:49 am

TLDR.

Play what you want, you'll find plenty of groups/raiding guilds. Prolly answered your question.
Gunari
Private
Private

by Anthilia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 am

Didn't really, but I'm glad someone actually answered. Guess I'll just wing it and try to find the answers on my own in game one at a time instead of all at once. Thanks again all
Anthilia
Tester

by Uzephi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=23508

You asked something similar. I suggest what you thought earlier, rogue/priest or something like that. rogue/war/lock and have a healer counterpart, like priest/druid/pala/sham. My ex and I leveled druid/lock and she never went oom healing me and all I did was life tap after pulls to keep going. We did only a slight number of dungeons and pretty much just grinded it out. wasn't any slower than a DPS solo leveling.

healer/tank combo would work, but good luck snagging a tank spot in a guild.
Last edited by Uzephi on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by GabeN » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 am

There are weekend raiding guilds, on alliance at least. You'd be looking at 2-3 hours of raiding sat-sun.

Low chance of raiding as a prot warrior. Level as any spec you want, then respec into fury at 60 to raid. Fury warriors are in demand for raiding, and have no problems tanking 5-10 man.

Priest or Paladin(Holy) for your partner.

When leveling, you will have tank/healer combo covered, you won't a problem finding 3 dps to fill the group for any of the lower level instances.
GabeN
Private
Private

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion