Overview: AV Patch opening day?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Overview: AV Patch opening day?

by Smokinwii » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:34 am

What were your thoughts on the AV release? Any bugs? How did the runs go?
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Overview: AV Patch opening day?

by ghist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:41 am

Some fun games, there was occasional major lag, but overall I had a blast. Especially on that almost 4 hour game.
ghist
Tester

by Soulxlock » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:53 am

Before AV patch it felt like alliance lost every WSG I joined. We were getting farmed there. Then with AV we seem to win almost every AV. Sup with that :)?
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by xalamander » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:56 am

Truth be told, we as alliance have major advantages because of the map layout. All we need is 2 frost mages on the bridge spamming blizzard and the archers will take care of the rest. 2 mages on def can hold a 40 man raid in check. Winning AV as horde requires much more coordination than alliance
xalamander
Tester

by Stephanie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Yeah, there's a whole bunch of things that make AV a real pain as horde, but that's how it was and you just need to deal with it.

There are some issues that I don't seem to recall, the respawn rate of named NPCs and guards at graveyard flags does seem to be far quicker than I recall and since they already fixed the respawning of the named elites on the pvp server you have to wonder if this is incorrect too.
Stephanie
Private
Private

by Diametra » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Viper wrote:Greetings,

Both factions have weakness in their defense. The opposite faction builds a strategy to attack these weak points, while the defense needs to adapt itself accordingly.

Seems like both are doing well: from the last statistics we have regarding less than 2 weeks, on 457 AV battlegrounds which ended by a victory, 48% were won by the Alliance and 52% by the Horde. The Alterac Valley's Battleground is right now the most balanced battleground available on the server compared to Warsong and Arathi thanks to its pre-nerf version.

By the way, works are still ongoing on reports validated on our Bugtracker.

Best regards.

NB:
WSG ratio: 39% Alliance's victory for 61% on Horde's side for the last 1353 matchs
Arathi ratio: 58% Alliance's victory for 42% Horde's side for the last 1413 matchs

This is how it looked on PvP server.

I haven't studied it closely, but my feeling in PvE case, is that all those horde mages and rogues that seemed awesome in AB and WSG aren't gonna replace the need for healers and tanks in AV. Is this true? Whereas on the PvP realm, sure horde had lots of those too, but the population is so huge, yer gonna queue up with healers and tanks.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by blix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Horde wins maybe 15% of avs, and that might be generous
blix
Tester

by Uzephi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 pm

blix wrote:Horde wins maybe 15% of avs, and that might be generous

Sounds like a true vanilla PVE realm tbh. Nothing to see here.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion