AV exploiting

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

AV exploiting

by Nooblar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 pm

So from my vanilla experience it was always apparent that exploiting was frowned upon by the blizzard GMs and staff. is that not the case on nost? i know if you exploit a mining node or something like that it can be a bannable offence but not bypassing everything in a BG and going straight for the final boss as horde while alliance are stuck pushing their way through towers NPCs waiting for GYs to cap and actually playing AV? As i remember it was bannable for a time being to do so as it gave the horde an unfair advantage in the BG and people got 24hr bans up to 1 week bans for doing so (played horde in vanilla).

just think something should have been done about this since it was known issue from the PVP server.
Nooblar
Private
Private

Re: AV exploiting

by Aquane » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:36 pm

iirc the GMs said that its balanced or something, and that they're not gonna ban hordes for it; this was for the pvp server

either way, it really helps balance out AV, which is heavily unbalanced in favor of the alliance, even without bugs

and the bugs just make it worse

frostwolf bowmen don't do anything, the mine layer respawns, and alliance NPCs spawn way faster than they're supposed to while those of the horde don't, AND those bugs posted on the bug tracker still have "New" as their status

and then on top of all of that the entire alliance base past the bridge, lacking the backdoor, can be suffficiently defended from 40 players by just 2 frost mages spamming improved blizzard; the horde base doesn't have anything like that

i think having a backdoor into stormpike aid station really helps to balance out AV, but even that won't balance AV with the existing bugs that heavily favor the alliance, as the horde still manages to lose 90% or more of alterac valleys since the release on PvE

and don't even talk about turtling the alliance base at the bridge
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by futzbuckle » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:52 am

Aquane wrote:frostwolf bowmen don't do anything, the mine layer respawns, and alliance NPCs spawn way faster than they're supposed to while those of the horde don't, AND those bugs posted on the bug tracker still have "New" as their status

the bowmen do plenty

the horde mine layer respawns too

horde npcs spawn continuously

have you ever watched allies push through iceblood?
futzbuckle
Private
Private

by Toolt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:09 am

and/or in-game status. Nonetheless, certain behaviour goes beyond what is considered fair and are considered a violation of this agreement. This behaviour includes, but are not limited to, the following:

Using or exploiting errors in design, features, and/or bugs to gain access that is otherwise not available, to facilitate and/or grant you an advantage over other players.
Toolt
Private
Private

by Mandosz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:31 am

as said before, game is HEAVILY imbalanced in the favour of the alliance as is. Base design, tower design, ect. Its nearly impossible to push the alliance base if its defended. The backdoor option gives horde a CHANCE to MAYBE get in the base and do some damage. and even so its easily preventable from the alliance PoV. Dont cry about whats "Fair" and "Imbalanced" in AV untill you play it as horde.

also PS: we see the alliance using the SAME backdoor to tame rams when we are sitting on stormpike, so dont give me this shit about horde being the only ones using it.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dreez » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:34 am

back to the "mimimi AV exploit" thread that pops up literally every AV weekend

srsly l2p

five players are enough to stop 40 horde from entering the alliance base through the backdoor.

+ as Mandosz said
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by XJ9 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 am

Mandosz wrote:
also PS: we see the alliance using the SAME backdoor to tame rams when we are sitting on stormpike, so dont give me this shit about horde being the only ones using it.

Watched a gnome mage from stealth jump down, tame a ram, jump back up the cliff and be back down within 10 seconds taming another ram.

Though Mandos, aren't we familiar with the Alliance exploiting anything they can here? *cough* Battle chickens at Azuregos, Mecca and Lazygaga pet invulnerability abusing, specific druids in WSG lag switching/macroing. *cough*
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by gangstanigga » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:29 pm

XJ9 wrote:Mecca pet invulnerability abusing

so a salty player gets one of our best hunters banned and continues to name and shame after he gets unbanned? what surprises me the most is that this happened months ago and you're clearly still hung up on it like a crybaby.

XJ9 wrote:specific druids in WSG lag switching/macroing.

more like outskilled by a very good player, unless you have a solid evidence on this (video proof) you're just slinging poop at people like a monkey.

stay mad and bad. can't wait to see your wall of text response. :D
yo moma so fat she carried both teams
gangstanigga
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion