Thoughts on recent "We hate asians" politics?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Thoughts on recent "We hate asians" politics?

by Smokinwii » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 am

I noticed recently people have brought up how we hate asians? What kind of trickery is this? An inner world order thing. Racial politics on Nostalrius. Shoot me now.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Thoughts on recent "We hate asians" politics?

by XJ9 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:24 am

I can't really say for sure. I personally have never cared about someone's race on a game. I think a lot of it is the association with Asians, Gold Selling, Overpopulation and Lag. You can't fairly complain about it on Nostalrius though because it's not locked to a country.

Games that have designated servers for Europe, North America, South America and such though I can see the hate for it. FPS games are the worst for this like Planetside 2 because players from Asian countries on the NA servers lag a ton and make the game zero fun to play. League is also another one of these. I think maybe the hate from those games being affected far more negatively transferred to Nostalrius. I've seen a few party members in my time here refer to bad players as "Brazilians" which was a common association with League of Legends in NA so I imagine that it does factor in somewhere.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zmandude24 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:08 am

My guess is that it's from the PvP server, since that hatred has got ridiculous over there.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fridolin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:39 am

The problem is, most of the asians doesnt speak english.
I mean when i talk to a guy and he dont answer in raid or in a party it is impossible to communicate...
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Redcap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:49 am

On a different private WoW server project the population increased to a very successful level and started to attract gold farmers and sellers. When the whisper / global / trade channel spam started involving the 3rd party site sales, the project staff decided to track the ISP's of accounts used. The overwhelming majority of the traffic was coming from a pair of sources with their account sets, and both of them were using free VPN services.

A short bit of research determined the list of static ISP's the VPN service was offering and so the project staff banned all of them. Further research generated a list of commonly used free VPN ISP lists and those were banned as well.

All of the sudden the gold spam came to an abrupt halt (accounts were banned as well, of course) and the Chinese players complained they could not play their accounts anymore.

This isn't a fairy tale story. The server was the 3.3.5a Bloodcraft server (NA based) back during the 2011 stint of the project when it had 2800 peeps playing. The staff copied a scheme that other servers used to counter the problem, so I always wondered why other private server projects put up with it. Unless there was a compelling reason for them to do so.
Redcap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ProfessionalFlamer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 am

Ching chong ping pong?
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions..
ProfessionalFlamer
Private
Private

by Renew » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 am

my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion