Seems like im muted..

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Seems like im muted..

by zclick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello there.

I just started on this wonderful vanilla server to relive some of that nostalgic feeling. I created a character and saw that i couldnt type in worldchat untill lvl 5, which i understand. Therefore i whispered a few lvl 60 rogues and chatted with them about the state of the rogue class here on this server. They were all very friendly and greenlitted me into leveling one here. The thing is that when i try to whisper/type in say/type in any chat channel my text doesnt show up. It only works when im in party. Maybe the server thought i was some goldseller or something since i whispered lvl 60's in my early levels?

In advance, thanks!
zclick
Tester

Re: Seems like im muted..

by Nelythia » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Don't use public chat channels below lvl 15.

New accounts/players have chat limitations and can sometimes be banned by the ChatSpam system as a false positive, this system is in place to combat goldseller spam accounts.

Each level the limits become less.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zclick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Ah okay, from when on will i be "safe" to chat as i like?
zclick
Tester

by Nelythia » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Level 15+
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zclick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:24 pm

That is very annoying, any solutions to get it back? I cant organize a group for Relics awakening etc...
zclick
Tester

by Smokinwii » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 pm

What if we were all muted all along and the mute land is just the world chat and the people who are muted are actually in the real land?
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gehere » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Level 10 is fine. I've never had any issues, from that level forth...
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by Ryune » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm muted from General on my 12 druid. We were trying to get a group together to kill a level 12 elite in Dun Morogh yesterday and no one in the group could type in general. I had to beg a guild member to trek across the globe and lend a hand. You're saying after level 15 this will stop being an issue?
Ryune
Tester

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion