Some minor issues while leveling

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Some minor issues while leveling

by Muesli » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am

First off, let me say: Thank you a metric fuckton for providing a Vanilla PvE server. Furter thank you that there really are no game-breaking issues and most issues I encountered are really quite minor.
All in all, it's been a blast playing so far.

Having said that, I'd thought I'd write down some minor issues that seem to be not-yet-quite Vanilla I encountered while leveling. It's not a complete list by any means, and I offer it in the hopes it's seen as constructive feedback :-).

- The Horde Rogue class quest "Mission Possible But Not Probable" requires you to kill a number of enemies in the Barrens tower. Those mobs should have specific weaknesses to certain rogue skills, but they do not (tested with Orc Female Rogue). For example, Ambushing Gallywix (the level 24 elite on top of the tower) should remove about half his health, but if you ambush him, it does only normal damage. This makes the quest a fair bit harder, requiring team work at suggested levels, though by no means impossible.

- The mob "Syndicate Rogue" in Hillsbrad Foothills should have more spawns. There's a quest to kill some (Syndicate Personnel, iirc, requiring 10 kills), but since there's about 4 spawns (3 in Durnholde Keep, one at the tower southwest of it), this takes camping respawns. If I further remember correctly, there were at least 3 spawns at the tower alone. ere, there's only one. Solution would simply be to either add some spawn points, or convert some of other mobs. Additionally, Syndicate Rogue's Backstab skill can hit you from the front. Not sure if this is supposed to be how it works.

- Thousand Needles, Shimmering Flats, the Rustmaul Digsite. Horde has a quest "The Swarm Grows", requiring you to kill Silithid mobs there. One of the mobs, Silithid Invader, has only one spawn. Five kills are required, so you have to wait out five spawn cycles. In fact, I typed down this list while waiting for that one mob to respawn over and over. Solution, again, would be to add more spawns (mostly inside the lair there).

- Thousand Needles, Shimmering Flats, mob "Salt Flats Scavenger" (needed for quest "Load Lightening"). There should be at least 6 (maybe 7 or 8) spawns around the Kodo skeleton due east of the raceway if Blizz-like. Currently, there seem to be 3. Again, not a big issue, but makes the associated quest a bit harder.

If there's more stuff I notice, I will update this thread.
Muesli
Tester

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion