Guild tanking situations

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Guild tanking situations

by Nirinia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Introduction: I am a warrior tank who is in a guild currently clearing all raid content. At this time I am funding all of my raid consumables and gears myself, supplemented by guild dungeon runs (I am currently leveling up a mage alt to ease the strain of having to farm dungeons for gold through disenchanting loot). I am happy with my guild and am not looking to leave it any time soon (I hope).

My question is this: What are other guilds doing to help their tanks with raid consumables? Also how are they gearing up new tanks who may not have sufficient income to purchase the BoE gear they need but may not be lucky enough to have drop in their own runs?

I know that there is a lot of boss drops available however a lot of the time, BoEs are a much better choice (eg. Stockade Pauldrons vs Bulky Iron Spaulders). At the present time, said BoEs are at very high prices on the AH (Stonegrip Gauntlets at 225g at time of posting) which a lot of players who have their tank as their main character cannot achieve if they are in a progressing guild (hunters, rogues and clothies may not understand the impact a 5-7g (depending on gear) repair bill after a raid (not mentioning the consumables used during said raid) can have on a player who cannot efficiently grind that money back.
Nirinia
Tester

Re: Guild tanking situations

by Kezzik » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Are you the main tank?
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Guild tanking situations

by Nirinia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 pm

At this time yes, however my gear is almost full top end bis (I'm still looking to find the boe gloves) so I'm not spending large amounts on gear at this time but I still remember when my guild started clearing through mc and I did not have enough gold necessarily to buy all my pots every week.
Nirinia
Tester

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion