WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE NOSTALRIUS WAS A MUCH BETTER EXPERIENC

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE NOSTALRIUS WAS A MUCH BETTER EXPERIENC

by HarberCandelario » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:18 am

This is supposed to be “a hundred times” better than a private server right, and yet this doesn’t feel nearly as fun overall. Seems like something is really lacking. I don’t know, maybe it’s just that we don’t feel the love for it? Maybe the communication is the real issue? Maybe the nostalrius forums were something really special as well? Maybe it’s because that’s when tons of people tried vanilla for the first time?

I’m comparing both experiences, and I can’t shake that feeling that I had so much more fun playing on Nostalrius, but I’m not 100% clear on why that is, and I know it’s the same for other people too…so yeah I’m curious.
Download Whatsapp GB for free.
HarberCandelario
Tester

Re: WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE NOSTALRIUS WAS A MUCH BETTER EXPER

by escantrox » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 pm

Just play the new vanilla realm hyjal. People that worked on Nostalrius are there.
escantrox
Tester

by mihrar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:44 am

Follow the new progressive vanilla server made right - Darrowshire.
mihrar
Private
Private

by Looneytune » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:49 pm

There was some elements in Blizzards WoW Classic which destroyed the classic experience such as Layering, World Buffs etc.

Darrowshire is a 1 man show, some random dude who falsely claims that his devs are former Warmane devs. He already got busted.

Hyjal seems to be kinda legit but they literally failed their server start. In general, there is a low population on all vanilla servers at this moment.
Looneytune
Tester

by Proctologist » Fri May 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Because Nost was a much better Experience.

rip
probably never get it again but who knows maybe we'll come close in another private server in a not so distant future

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Svala » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:04 pm

I just stopped my WoW Classic sub because it is dead since TBC launch. I'm now looking for a new private server like Nostalrius
<Beta-tester>
-
Svala, Undead (F) Warlock L.60-
(No instant)
Svala
Grunt
Grunt

by mihrar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Svala wrote:I just stopped my WoW Classic sub because it is dead since TBC launch. I'm now looking for a new private server like Nostalrius

darrowshire. progressive vanilla fresh made right

https://darrowshire.com/
mihrar
Private
Private

by Connact » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:18 pm

I miss this shit a ton. Nothing like original Nost launch.
Connact, 60 UD Warlock [Retired] Deployed from April-September, missed out on my guild raiding. Starting over.
Connact
Grunt
Grunt

by Diametra » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:21 am

Oh you know...we were a bunch of troubled children that pulled together and created our own community of misfits. The island of misfit toys. Nostalrius wasn't the best thing ever, but it was our thing. It was special to us. : )
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by arOo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Diametra wrote:Oh you know...we were a bunch of troubled children that pulled together and created our own community of misfits. The island of misfit toys. Nostalrius wasn't the best thing ever, but it was our thing. It was special to us. : )

All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.

Give it some time and we will be back. Blizzard just announced a vanilla restart,- but I'm sure many would prefer an actual passion project, with active devs, active staff and servers that can handle more than a handful of players on one spot. If it isn't this year, we'll just have to watch them drive the restart in the ground.
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to General discussion