I miss you all very much

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

I miss you all very much

by Freekaylaz » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:40 pm

There's no denying that nostalrius shutting down did wonders for my life, actually being able to have a life and all, but I still don't think I've had a community/mmorpg gaming experience that comes close to the nostalrius expierence. drama, friendship, raiding, so many good times. I hope everyone that sees this is doing well <3
Freekaylaz
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: I miss you all very much

by Sirganksalot » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:05 pm

I started playing here in 2015 when the servers used to be dead quiet.

Spent time on classic for a little bit but it’s not the same experience.

It’s still amazing to think that a few blokes with a passion were able to better replicate a game much better than a multi-billion dollar parent company. It really sheds light on the gradual (yet significant) brain drain Blizzard has undergone after the merge with Activision.

Nostalrius is better where it is now: A grand tribute to what MMOs can be with just a bit of passion.

They went out with a bang!
LEGACY:
"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."
Sirganksalot
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:27 am

What's really surprising is that they haven't taken this forum down yet. I haven't gotten word from either Daemon or Viper ever since the shutdown but the forum keeps staying online.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Valgatur » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:19 pm

I still lurk here from time to time. To remind myself of all the good times. The day this forum will be shut down will be a very sad day.

But Nostalrius will live on forever in our memories :)
Valgatur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to General discussion