Gold trafficking.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Gold trafficking.

by jeremi89 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Do you think the hundreds of bans everyday linked to gold trafficking are legit?

Isnt it a bit rediculous??

Discuss.
jeremi89
Tester

Re: Gold trafficking.

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes, almost all of them are legit probably. They dont kust ban willy nilly. Also, as improve their detection and anti cheat/gold systems more people will get banned that had not been caught previously.

Daemon wrote:Hello,

I just reviewed your case and had to confirm this ban.

i was on vacation for several days

As our gold trafficking systems improve, we can detect previous gold trafficking cases that we did not detect at first, and thus ban accounts for gold buying even if you did it 20 days ago for example.

Regards,
Daemon
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by jeremi89 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Someone else that is not a total nerd like Valandar :D ?
jeremi89
Tester

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm confused on what you're saying. Are you suggesting that it's ridiculous people are getting banned for gold selling/buying? Because they should be IP banned, not just banned IMO.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Of course it's legit, people don't want to do the crazy grinding that's required to build up enough gold for epic mounts or rare items, so they buy gold. I'm not shocked at all that out of 10,000 players, a couple a day buy gold
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:13 pm

He got banned for gold trafficking so hes salty. Also, hes one the guys spammimg an unknown mega DL link that probably has malware or virus's. Be careful guys, hopefully mods IP ban this idiot.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 28#p193028
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:16 pm

What are there like 15k active accounts on Nost? Have you seen the level of aggressive gold advertising in game? A couple hundred bans every few months is nothing really.
The last private server project I was on was Project 1999. A classic EQ emu. The total active pop between two servers was like 2500. The gold sellers were no where near as aggressive. No one ever made throw away accounts to advertise for plat selling that I ever saw, and still, every 2-3 months 4-500 accounts would get banned.
The sellers would tell people on their websites that they "had never caused anyone to be banned." That everything was "totally safe". They even had a section of the site that laid out excuses to use in petitions to the staff that had supposedly worked like a charm in the past.
The prices per hundred weren't anywhere near what they are on Nost right now, and plat actually wasn't even that hard to farm, yet people still bought plat. They would have entire accounts of level 60's (which is much harder to get to in classic eq than vanilla wow) just disapear.
So yes. From past experiences on private servers besides that one, I believe there are a large number of people buying gold, therefore there are a large number of people protest g innocence on the forums.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Xylon666Darkstar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 pm

No fucking way -all- of them are legit. My alt account for example, impossible. All it exists for is banking, xmutes/tailoring, trading materials/gold to my main char/alts, or officers in guild. No fucking way any of us could be gold trafficking.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by iii » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Something is definitly up. 3 of my guildmates or their bank alts have been banned this week and they have no idea why. When they post on the support forum they just get a copy pasted answer and then are ignored by the GMs.
iii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Why people insist on making alt accounts for banking is beyond me. All it does is increase the risk of you getting mistaken for a Chinaman. I keep everything on one account.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to General discussion