GM's Please Respond: Blood of Heroes

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: GM's Please Respond: Blood of Heroes

by chrisxlimv » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:01 am

I know that it's a free server and I'm asking for a simple request. I also know that I'm not the only one to have complaints about this so decided to make a post about it and see what the GM's say. This server is the best Vanilla server so rerolling somewhere else would be an idiotic move. All I want is for a single material to spawn quicker so I can move on to more interesting things within the game, not just running around / camping a zone for hours within a week. That isn't fun to me.
chrisxlimv
Grunt
Grunt

by Kezzik » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:04 am

This is why I'm hesitant to agree with them planning on increasing herb/mining/devilsaur spawns. Things like blood of heroes is on a long list of items that will be need to be fixed too. The population is going to grow so high that literally everything is going to have to be increased when it comes to spawn timers. Quest mobs, blood heroes, etc.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by chrisxlimv » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:12 am

I had a ticket opened earlier today and just logged back on to see they responded by mail. Pretty much they said there is no definitive answer but a lot of things are being looked at and will be reworked into a future date. @Kezzik I'm sure what you listed is also what they are looking into, especially with how quickly the server grows each month.
chrisxlimv
Grunt
Grunt

by Kezzik » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:15 am

Yeah, I'm sure they will. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with it, but I don't think they should stop with herbs/ore/devilsaurs if they decide to increase spawns. There's a lot of other things in game that are affected by the huge population like your issue here. :/
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Slicy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:09 am

If putting time into something isn't fun to you, you might as well stop playing this game or go back to retail where you will get whatever you want with little to no effort.

You wanted to get Blood of Heroes at the worst moment ever when obviously a lot of other players want it too because the enchant just got released ? Poor you. All it means is that you are doing it wrong. Try the advices people gave you, since you couldn't figure them out by yourself and made a QQ thread instead.

And please stop crying about everything by always blaming the one & only thing which lead & keeps you here. You just want shit handed to you on a silver plate in a game about grinding and time investment. This isn't retail. Stop trying to change it for every damn thing you couldn't achieve yourself in couple hours.

Following some posters' logic in here we can expect requests for custom rates on gold, items and whatnot soon I guess ?
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mchayes » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:16 am

You should have done your research instead of crying your nut out.
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by chunass » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:52 am

chrisxlimv wrote:All I want is for a single material to spawn quicker so I can move on to more interesting things within the game, not just running around / camping a zone for hours within a week. That isn't fun to me.

This is the mentality that turned WoW into what it is today. Whiners didn't want to spend time on anything "boring".
I got my 4 bloods this friday by camping 1 spawn for 1½ hours to get the timer, then moving on to the next for an hour, and so on. Once I knew blood was about to spawn I grouped with people and called for help from guildies, since hordes were obviously grouping too. When I was done my group had the timers for 6/8 blood spawns. Just put in some effort and you can do it in a few hours.
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wubwub » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:23 pm

You think this is bad? Try the hunter epic quest.

One demon spawns every three hours, if someone walks by and does anything to gain aggro it despawns for 7 hours. Random lock gathering herbs nearby want to be a dick? 7 hours. Another hunter decides it is his turn? 7 hours. PvP happened on a pvp server? 7 hours.

Last time I logged in to check for the demon there were 14 other hunters logged in and waiting for their chance. There have been multiple requests and petitions for the admins to change this to no avail.

You can say suck it up and wait but these events were not designed around a server with a daily peak of 8500 players.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16819&start=3960

400 pages and counting.

Welcome to the club.
wubwub
Tester

by Norjak » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:57 pm

wubwub wrote:these events were not designed around a server with a daily peak of 8500 players.
Welcome to the club.

Yes, there are many things that are affected when you have this many players - not only Black Lotus & Devilsaur spawns.
The question is, should the devs here be interested in changing spawn rates, or should players simply go elsewhere? On one hand the Nost devs should have forseen these types of issues, on the other hand -
free server™
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:39 pm

chunass wrote:
chrisxlimv wrote:All I want is for a single material to spawn quicker so I can move on to more interesting things within the game, not just running around / camping a zone for hours within a week. That isn't fun to me.

This is the mentality that turned WoW into what it is today. Whiners didn't want to spend time on anything "boring".
I got my 4 bloods this friday by camping 1 spawn for 1½ hours to get the timer, then moving on to the next for an hour, and so on. Once I knew blood was about to spawn I grouped with people and called for help from guildies, since hordes were obviously grouping too. When I was done my group had the timers for 6/8 blood spawns. Just put in some effort and you can do it in a few hours.

or spend the last 6 months collecting blood of heroes for mojo madness alch item for future preparation. :)
#plan ahead
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion