It's About the Journey

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: It's About the Journey

by Psyfer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:43 am

I'm just sad I've gone trough two vanilla servers trying to get to experience Naxx 40 in a blizzlike state. It was fun while it lasted I guess.
Pottu wrote:There is no free speech:
Psyfer
Grunt
Grunt

by FiveWeeksOneMinute » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am

Good read.

I experienced that feeling of playing hardcore and losing everything on the first Scriptcraft. Have played servers since then more casually, but still sucks to see it die

R.I.P. Nostalrius :(
FiveWeeksOneMinute
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by snawfu » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:19 am

i like this post
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by blackout » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:24 am

Ohhgee wrote:There is a lesson that I learned very quickly when I first began dabbling in the world of Vanilla servers in 2012: One day, you will wake up and all of your work will be gone.

It is inevitable; the illusion that your character will continue to exist forever is not even rational. We spend hours upon hours grinding, farming, and working to improve our characters, as if there is some finishing point. But what is that finishing point, really? Farming Naxx and one-shotting people with your full T3 for all of eternity? Or hopping over to TBC, and essentially starting from scratch?

The truth is that we choose to play this gimmicky, imbalanced, grindy, and occasionally frustrating 11 year old game for a reason. That reason is the journey. People love to say that investing time on a private server is “pointless” or “a waste of time.” I say that’s bullshit. Unless you are among the world’s elite DotA or CS players, then you are “wasting your time” no matter what game you choose to play.

We play for the journey. We play for the experience. We play for the friendships and the rivalries. We play for the drama. We play for the feeling of slaying a new boss and seeing BiS loot drop. We play for the feeling of hitting your PvP rank after weeks of hard work and sleep deprivation.

We play for the feeling of riding into Blackrock Mountain with 39 other people who love this game as much as you do, running beside you and laughing in TeamSpeak. We play for 6 hour battles at world bosses. We play for 100+ player battles over Devilsaur Leathers.

We play for the feeling of venturing out into Azeroth and never knowing what lies around the corner, which is a feeling that Vanilla produces better than any game ever has or ever will.

We play for the journey. That is the reason that players like us choose to replay this severely outdated game on a bootleg server. Because this game has a journey that is truly unlike any other game. This journey is a beautiful thing, and it was more beautiful than ever on Nostalrius.

I will never regret a single one of my 127 days /played here on Nostalrius. Why? Because I wasn’t playing for some imaginary end result. I was playing for the journey. Believe me, I am just as disappointed as anyone else that we will never see Naxx. But disappointment does not have to include regret.

I beg ALL of you, as a community... don’t regret the hours that you spent playing here, cherish them. You got to be a part of something that was truly incredible. Nostalrius was not like other private servers. Nostalrius was legendary. And there will probably never be a private server experience quite like Nostalrius ever again.

Cherish the time you spent here. Cherish the journey. Because in the end, thats what it is really all about.

See ya on the next one,
O.G.
I'll admit that in game I am not fond of you ...at all , especially considering all the times you ganked me when I was just a little Hordling . I never did run into you at 60 after that. :cry: . That said I totally agree 100% with your post . Couldn't have said it better myself. My short time here on this server I've had such amazing memories an times.

Now I haven't played WoW since early Cata, and didn't want to either. The game (in my opinion ) lost its way a long time ago. Sure vanilla has many problems and imbalances , but it still beats anything that retail has to offer. Revisiting vanilla I have forgotten many things like the sense of mystery and danger. Elite means something and purples meant you actually worked your ass off (same with pvp ranks). Most importantly the game was full of creativity.

I wasn't aware how much I missed vanilla and all the above until I started playing it again. Unfortunately greed and power have triumphed over our not so little community , but I'll always have the memories of what was.
It was fun while it lasted and since i'll be out of town tomorrow til the weekend the server will be shutdown by the time I get back so this is my peaceout to the server and its community. R.I.P Nostalrius, you will be missed. :cry:
blackout
Tester

by Theoloras » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:34 am

Packleader wrote:Get a life ^ @Theoloras

Let ohgee embrace what be loves..

are you @#$%ing kidding me?!?!?

this retard and his merry bunch $hit on me and every other Ret/Prot Paladin as we tried to embrace what we loved
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Taladril » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:45 am

Theoloras wrote:

this retard and his merry bunch $hit on me and every other Ret/Prot Paladin as we tried to embrace what we loved

You are such an angry person.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theoloras » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:58 am

Taladril wrote:
Theoloras wrote:

You are such an angry person.

pot calling kettle black - little hybrid house nigger
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Taladril » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:59 am

Ya know we have a pally in our guild with Sulfuras. He's holy spec.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:06 am

Taladril wrote:You are such an angry person.

Thought the same. Real shame, the unpleasantness hides some virtues he has.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theoloras » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 am

Dr. Doom wrote:
Taladril wrote:You are such an angry person.

Thought the same. Real shame, the unpleasantness hides some virtues he has.

yea, and who do you think made me this way bro?

fuckers like the OP, the rest of his boy lover guild mates, people like Taladril and his/her fucktard guild mates et al.

TLDR - Ohhgee is a stupid kunt who I wouldn't piss on if he was burning alive.
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion