I miss you all very much

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

I miss you all very much

by Freekaylaz » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:40 pm

There's no denying that nostalrius shutting down did wonders for my life, actually being able to have a life and all, but I still don't think I've had a community/mmorpg gaming experience that comes close to the nostalrius expierence. drama, friendship, raiding, so many good times. I hope everyone that sees this is doing well <3
Freekaylaz
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: I miss you all very much

by Sirganksalot » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:05 pm

I started playing here in 2015 when the servers used to be dead quiet.

Spent time on classic for a little bit but it’s not the same experience.

It’s still amazing to think that a few blokes with a passion were able to better replicate a game much better than a multi-billion dollar parent company. It really sheds light on the gradual (yet significant) brain drain Blizzard has undergone after the merge with Activision.

Nostalrius is better where it is now: A grand tribute to what MMOs can be with just a bit of passion.

They went out with a bang!
LEGACY:
"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."
Sirganksalot
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:27 am

What's really surprising is that they haven't taken this forum down yet. I haven't gotten word from either Daemon or Viper ever since the shutdown but the forum keeps staying online.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Valgatur » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:19 pm

I still lurk here from time to time. To remind myself of all the good times. The day this forum will be shut down will be a very sad day.

But Nostalrius will live on forever in our memories :)
Valgatur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lotias » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Holy cow! I didn't expect this forum to be up, even less so anyone actually posting!

I think of the glorydays on Nostalrius now and again, I miss all the fun and people that was on it. I doubt we'll ever get to experience anything like it again.
Lotias
Grunt
Grunt

by Lichplease » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:48 pm

I still use this forum as a reference for wow discussion on specs and such. I miss the nost days so much. Some of the best gaming I ever did. I really loved the population, the passion. I had so much fun and I miss it.

I am now married, with kids, and play single player RPGs. There was some real magic in nostslrius, and blizzard-activision-disney just fails at it. I play a little on darrowshire, but the population isn't so high
Lichplease
Tester

by Ayumi » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:31 pm

I miss the old days a bit. Time flies and everything's changed.
I quit during Phase 2 because it just didn't feel "right" and wanted to spend my time drawing instead of playing.

Good luck and best wishes to y'all reading this. It was fun times.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gokan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:35 pm

I also had really good times on Nostalrius, which will remain an unforgettable journey. Somehow I truely wish that this would have lasted longer but I'm already very thankful that we have had the opportunity to experience such great Vanilla experience within the private server scene. It hits even harder whenever I think about how inferior Classic was in the end, all of us who experienced Nostalrius truely have been the luckiest ones. :D
Gokan
Private
Private

by gangstabitch » Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm

Nostalrius just felt like a better experience overall except the massive lag bombs that forced a good portion of us to play on the pve server and the pve server had massively better BGs that weren't afk fests to grind fast marks.
(ancient black lotus cry)
gangstabitch
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to General discussion