Might aswell make an instant level 70 boost NPC.

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Might aswell make an instant level 70 boost NPC.

by Kapwe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:39 am

Not sure if it's intended but currently a lot of people are boosting themselves to level 70 by purchasing PvP marks for free at one of the custom NPC in Ironforge and then turning them up to the Warsong PvP area in Ashenvale. (Same can be done on horde side).

I don't really know what can really be tested by doing so since all mobs melee for 1 (so testing level 70 dungeons is pointless at the moment), but if it's going to stay, might aswell save those people time (it takes like 2 hours of travelling between capital city and Ashenvale) and allow the creation of level 70 characters.

Highest level done in a legit way (be it grinding or questing) is level 63 as far as I know.
Kapwe
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Might aswell make an instant level 70 boost NPC.

by Basard » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:04 am

Kapwe wrote:Not sure if it's intended but currently a lot of people are boosting themselves to level 70 by purchasing PvP marks for free at one of the custom NPC in Ironforge and then turning them up to the Warsong PvP area in Ashenvale. (Same can be done on horde side).

I don't really know what can really be tested by doing so since all mobs melee for 1 (so testing level 70 dungeons is pointless at the moment), but if it's going to stay, might aswell save those people time (it takes like 2 hours of travelling between capital city and Ashenvale) and allow the creation of level 70 characters.

Highest level done in a legit way (be it grinding or questing) is level 63 as far as I know.

Thats honestly sad to hear.
The whole point of this test is to check out bugs for the quests and dungeons mainly. If people are going to avoid that then the testing phase is going to take years.
Basard
Grunt
Grunt

by Kelorek » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 am

Basard wrote:
Kapwe wrote:Not sure if it's intended but currently a lot of people are boosting themselves to level 70 by purchasing PvP marks for free at one of the custom NPC in Ironforge and then turning them up to the Warsong PvP area in Ashenvale. (Same can be done on horde side).

Thats honestly sad to hear.
The whole point of this test is to check out bugs for the quests and dungeons mainly. If people are going to avoid that then the testing phase is going to take years.

While you are right and all those things need to be tested, there is a large portion of players who are only here (and only will be playing the full release server) for PvP and have no interest in testing out questing and leveling.

There will be players who enjoy questing and leveling that will take the time to test those aspects, so I don';t see this as a big issue.
Kelorek
Grunt
Grunt

by bakedgoods1312 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:32 pm

i have been posting bugs as well as other lvl 70's that i play with , if we cant find a group we do quests run around the world , leveling proffessions etc. for example the quest cruel intentions in the starting zone is un obtainable.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Mimma » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:35 pm

so testing level 70 dungeons is pointless at the moment

You are absolute right, and therefore only two level 60 dungeons are being put up for test. At least last time I looked ....
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by bakedgoods1312 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:48 pm

all dungeons are open
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:13 pm

atleast 500 people aren't dueling outside IF for days during pve/raid testing... like in open beta... 1 year ago...
for shame... :D
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by The Shortest Path » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:52 pm

bakedgoods1312 wrote:all dungeons are open

Yes but melee mobs in most of them do 1 damage because they haven't been set up for testing yet.
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by bakedgoods1312 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:45 pm

The Shortest Path wrote:
bakedgoods1312 wrote:all dungeons are open

Yes but melee mobs in most of them do 1 damage because they haven't been set up for testing yet.

no its fixed for a few days now and all dungeons require proper groups etc.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Robotron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:07 pm

It's fixed, but there are still a bunch of exploiters running around on 70s. Good thing PVP flags are turned off for the time being.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion