testing is impossible outside of solo questing atm....

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

testing is impossible outside of solo questing atm....

by Milkperfive » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm

So let me preface this by sayin i understand the actual server launch is a long way away and right now its literally the first week or so of testing on the tbc server but as someone who has been online everyday since day 1, let me just say that day after day the servers are becoming more and more dead, at the start there was 50-60 people on per faction any time of the day or night (i am EU) and last day or 2 it seems to peak around 13-17 people per faction and usually around 10, and its getting lower and lower, i have both a 70 alliance (wsg marked to 70) and 69 horde hunter i am levelling manually and everyday i look for pvp or whisper everyone online to try ad get a group for a dungeon and nothing.

when the purpose of this test is supposedly to test ramparts and pvp (both group content) i find it disheartening that it is impossible to do either.

the removal of the wsg marks just made so many people log out and not log in again, as well as creating an imbalance of those already at 70 the fast way and those who have to grind it out/quest, then there is the fact that without marks you cant buy pvp weapons even if you manually level to 70, again creating an imbalance on top of an imbalance, and even if you do get 70, you spend 30 mins whispering everyone online to get a group for something and nothing happens and you log out.

outside of bug reports from solo questing and a couple ramparts runs in the first 2 days of the server being up i have not been able to do anything remotely related to group play in about 4 days and its getting worse and worse.

if you really want pvp tested and dungeons (currently ramparts) give people some incentives to be able to do those things (instant 70, s1 or 2 pvp geared toons) i assure you lots of people would be happy to log in and spam bg's or arena or even world pvp and you could get some genuine feedback.

i have yet to see anyone on my hunter from 64-69 in nagrand, blades edge or netherstorm of either faction.

i understand this is a test server but in order to get proper feedback we need people to want to test it and right now its either solo grind quests or nothing at all, and i bet in a day or 2 if nothing is added/changed the people logging in right now will just not bother again. and the server will just be full of fresh people who log, instant 60, go to hellfire peninsula, do maybe 1 hour of quests and get bored and log out.

we all know the server will be wiped multiple times throughout testing so nobody wants to invest 20-30 hours grinding quests solo just to provide bug reports on stuff that according to you guys isn;t even the focus of testing right now.

so please allow us to actually do some pvp etc and i assure you server numbers will pick up and we will get a lot more fun and reasons to log in which in turn means a lot more feedback.
Milkperfive
Private
Private

Re: testing is impossible outside of solo questing atm....

by Uzephi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:19 pm

TL/DR version. Give some incentive to test the server. I personally haven't started PTR testing as I haven't made a bugtracker account as my ISP blocked it. (Tried everything, ISP tech support says it is on their blacklist after 2 hours of troubleshooting).

I don't know if AB/WSG/AV scripts can be transferred to TBC mangos, but if so, that leaves testing for eye of the storm, which is a level 70 BG. Instant 70 NPC is a must if you want to test PVP. Have a vendor sell S1 gear for a certain gold value instead of honor so people can test BGs and world PVP objectives and their zone wide buffs.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bakedgoods1312 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:39 pm

yup ive been saying the same thing , i went from playing all day to maybe a hour or 2 because there is only so much to do and the joy of an mmo is people, and with no people well it kinda sucks i feel like im playing offline almost.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Milkperfive wrote:So let me preface this by sayin i understand the actual server launch is a long way away and right now its literally the first week or so of testing on the tbc server but as someone who has been online everyday since day 1, let me just say that day after day the servers are becoming more and more dead, at the start there was 50-60 people on per faction any time of the day or night (i am EU) and last day or 2 it seems to peak around 13-17 people per faction and usually around 10, and its getting lower and lower, i have both a 70 alliance (wsg marked to 70) and 69 horde hunter i am levelling manually and everyday i look for pvp or whisper everyone online to try ad get a group for a dungeon and nothing.

when the purpose of this test is supposedly to test ramparts and pvp (both group content) i find it disheartening that it is impossible to do either.

the removal of the wsg marks just made so many people log out and not log in again, as well as creating an imbalance of those already at 70 the fast way and those who have to grind it out/quest, then there is the fact that without marks you cant buy pvp weapons even if you manually level to 70, again creating an imbalance on top of an imbalance, and even if you do get 70, you spend 30 mins whispering everyone online to get a group for something and nothing happens and you log out.

outside of bug reports from solo questing and a couple ramparts runs in the first 2 days of the server being up i have not been able to do anything remotely related to group play in about 4 days and its getting worse and worse.

if you really want pvp tested and dungeons (currently ramparts) give people some incentives to be able to do those things (instant 70, s1 or 2 pvp geared toons) i assure you lots of people would be happy to log in and spam bg's or arena or even world pvp and you could get some genuine feedback.

i have yet to see anyone on my hunter from 64-69 in nagrand, blades edge or netherstorm of either faction.

i understand this is a test server but in order to get proper feedback we need people to want to test it and right now its either solo grind quests or nothing at all, and i bet in a day or 2 if nothing is added/changed the people logging in right now will just not bother again. and the server will just be full of fresh people who log, instant 60, go to hellfire peninsula, do maybe 1 hour of quests and get bored and log out.

we all know the server will be wiped multiple times throughout testing so nobody wants to invest 20-30 hours grinding quests solo just to provide bug reports on stuff that according to you guys isn;t even the focus of testing right now.

so please allow us to actually do some pvp etc and i assure you server numbers will pick up and we will get a lot more fun and reasons to log in which in turn means a lot more feedback.

With the recent Update to the TBC PTR, players can now choose instant 60, 65, or 70, while only being able to collect Level 60 Pre-TBC gear from the venders.
The PvP marks should not be needed anymore.

I myself have kept playing but have chosen to accept the level 70 boost and just use the same time I have had previously. Nothing seems to change minus I'm 70.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:08 pm

I haven't logged on in a while because I've tested all solo content in Hellfire and Zangarmarsh, finding 5 mans is pretty tough, and I don't see much point in continuing until the major bugs I've reported are fixed.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion