Apprentice Riding /60% mounts; Lowbie xp gains

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Apprentice Riding /60% mounts; Lowbie xp gains

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:34 am

As some of you may be aware of, by the very last patch of TBC, 2.4.3 (2.4.2 and before didn't have this), the first mount and apprentice riding were decreased from level 40 to level 30 and a cost of 35g.

Furthermore, in the same patch that added Zul'Aman as a raid (the first patch I revile as it also added reinforcements-based AV), the experience gains from the old world were boosted, arguably to make people catch up to end game level 70 content faster.

As part of Nostalrius commitment to present content without any of the nerfs or conveniences added over the course of the expansion, I find it logical that issues like this, or the boosted 1-60 experience in vanilla areas added during 2.3 will be reversed and kept as they were prior to the changes. I believe that will be the treatment given to th 2.3 removal of raid attunements (another marvel given by that dreary patch).

I wanted to open this thread to ask directly if that will be the case or if the 2.4.3 server (I believe this is the patch you will be using for the server) will have the reduced mount at 30; as well as to inquire about the experience gain for pre-Outland areas (will they be kept at vanilla levels like they were between 2.0.1 and up to 2.3 or boosted) ?

Thanks in advance.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Apprentice Riding /60% mounts; Lowbie xp gains

by JCarrill0 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:As some of you may be aware of, by the very last patch of TBC, 2.4.3 (2.4.2 and before didn't have this), the first mount and apprentice riding were decreased from level 40 to level 30 and a cost of 35g.

Furthermore, in the same patch that added Zul'Aman as a raid (the first patch I revile as it also added reinforcements-based AV), the experience gains from the old world were boosted, arguably to make people catch up to end game level 70 content faster.

As part of Nostalrius commitment to present content without any of the nerfs or conveniences added over the course of the expansion, I find it logical that issues like this, or the boosted 1-60 experience in vanilla areas added during 2.3 will be reversed and kept as they were prior to the changes. I believe that will be the treatment given to th 2.3 removal of raid attunements (another marvel given by that dreary patch).

I wanted to open this thread to ask directly if that will be the case or if the 2.4.3 server (I believe this is the patch you will be using for the server) will have the reduced mount at 30; as well as to inquire about the experience gain for pre-Outland areas (will they be kept at vanilla levels like they were between 2.0.1 and up to 2.3 or boosted) ?

Thanks in advance.

We been getting some of these question online recently, and I think this section of testing was created for level 60-70 experience, pre-60 stuff would be testing at a later time, much like pure 70 content.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion